• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

because I'm writing incoherently today.

@Anna N -- I dearly love a coconut macaroon. I make them periodically, but generally only when Child B, the one with celiac, is here, as she loves them too. Otherwise, well, I'm inclined to eat the whole pan.

I use a little almond flour in mine to help them hold their shape. Otherwise, just eggs, coconut and sugar. A little almond extract. Low oven (325F) for 20 minutes, maybe. That sound close to yours?

Ages and ages ago, I used to work in downtown Memphis, around the corner from the late lamented Federal Bake Shop. They made coconut macaroons about the size of both my fists put together. Many's the time I made lunch off of one. I miss that wonderful old bakery.

kayb

kayb

@Anna N -- I dearly love a coconut macaroon. I make them periodically, but generally only when Child B, the one with celiac, is here, as she loves them too. Otherwise, well, I'm inclined to eat the whole pan.

I use a little almond flour in mine to help them hold their shape. Otherwise, just eggs, coconut and sugar. A little almond extract. Low oven (325F) for 20 minutes, maybe. That sound close to yours?

Ages and ages, I used to work in downtown Memphis, around the corner from the late lamented Federal Bake Shop. They made coconut macaroons about the size of both my fists put together. Many's the time I made lunch off of one. I miss that wonderful old bakery.