• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

A40C7906-7979-46EE-97C1-0F232F7F75E0.thumb.jpeg.69a7aea7864db901659fe22ae4933345.jpeg

Cenk’s House Cookies from  The Artful Baker. These are lovely cookies but not in my opinion at all like Danish butter cookies that are packaged in the blue tin as he claims. 

This time I was not slavishly faithful to the recipe.  I allowed my common sense room to breath. I did not attempt to roll out the dough between pieces of parchment paper. I used plastic wrap.  I did not freeze the ready to bake cookies as he suggested. First of all I couldn’t possibly find room in my freezer to do so and secondly I couldn’t understand the need to do so.  I am wondering if the fact that he lives in Turkey has anything to do with his propensity to put everything into the freezer. 

I am amused by the idea of having a house cookie as one might have a house wine, his argument being that you always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake should company arrive.  Not such a bad idea but I don’t get a lot of company.  I do like the idea of developing a cookie that is so uniquely one’s own that it could become one’s signature cookie. 

Anna N

Anna N

A40C7906-7979-46EE-97C1-0F232F7F75E0.thumb.jpeg.69a7aea7864db901659fe22ae4933345.jpeg

Cenk’s House Cookies from  The Artful Baker. These are lovely cookies but not in my opinion at all like Danish butter cookies that are packaged in the blue tin. 

This time I was not slavishly faithful to the recipe.  I allowed my common sense room to breath. I did not attempt to roll out the dough between pieces of parchment paper. I used plastic wrap.  I did not freeze the ready to bake cookies as he suggested. First of all I couldn’t possibly find room in my freezer to do so and secondly I couldn’t understand the need to do so.  I am wondering if the fact that he lives in Turkey has anything to do with his propensity to put everything into the freezer. 

I am amused by the idea of having a house cookie as one might have a house wine, his argument being that you always have cookie dough in the freezer ready to bake should company arrive.  Not such a bad idea but I don’t get a lot of company.  I do like the idea of developing a cookie that is so uniquely one’s own that it could become one’s signature cookie.