• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast in Morocco!

Every region in Morocco has its own particularities and habits for breakfast. It is a ritual to be respected by each family, and as it differs slightly from city to city, it shares the same principle tasting known among all Moroccan: breakfast should be rich and never goes without a cup of fresh mint tea.
The Fassi Breakfast from Fes example is known for its famous dish khlii (dried meat or Beef Jerky) served with scrambled eggs.

The Berber breakfast considered as the main meal of the day, is based on organic ingredients such as wheat or barley: different kinds of handmade breads, cakes drizzled with honey and melted butter, virgin olive oil and black olives serve as the gourmet parts of every berber breakfast. Amlou (a mixture of almonds and Argan oil), also found in the South, is one of the main components of the Soussi breakfast (the region of Agadir, Ouarzazate ...). Natural ingredients and a hearty meal prepared by our moms with golden hands.

For me, one of the things I like most is breakfast, and better it’s chic and we are in good company.
We love to discover those beautiful views of the old medina in early morning, followed by a hearty breakfast with friends. Feeling the breezy air on your face while we serve you breakfast on a traditionally designed roof terrace or on verandas full of orange trees and roses.

What can I say, talking about food in Morocco, is similar to a shimmery experience where aromas and flavors combine to offer your senses the most magical moments of your life.

Come and enjoy Morocco, its food, people and where hospitality is always linked to its cuisine! It is truly a luxury gift from life…enjoy it too!

• Like 3

Welcome to eGullet, btissame! I love the phrase "shimmery experience". I've never been to Morocco, but I remember fondly the Egyptian breakfasts I shared with friends, with warm boiled eggs, fresh bread or sweets, cheese, fool, olives, and lots of hot sweet tea.

Do you have any recipes to share with us for some of your favorite Moroccan foods?

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for your comments. I have tons of recipes. I'm staring a new blog about Moroccan cuisine that I will lauch very soon before Ramadan. I will share the link with you all and hopefully will like it.

I run cooking classes too and do Gourmet voyages and tours in my region fès, so you're welcome to visit Morocco and live the best culinary experience of your life, guaranteed...