• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kitchen Scratchpad from the Ideas in Food Gang

Alex and Ani at Ideas in Food, along with Max Moore, are rolling out Kitchen Scratchpad, a new multipurpose app for all your... um... ideas in food. Here's the link to the announcement; here's the link to the iTunes Store page

It looks pretty freaking great, but I'm an Android user so will be waiting for that app before giving it a test run. Anyone using the iOS version? 

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

Yeah, the pricing is weird, and seems to reference "the cloud" enough that one wonders what their server costs are. For those of us living off of free Dropbox, Google, Evernote, etc. cloud services, not cheap indeed. 

Chris Amirault

eG Ethics Signatory

Sir Luscious got gator belts and patty melts

I've been wishing for a way to use my Living Cookbook software on my (more portable) iPad.  Since I have zillions of recipes stored there over many years it'd sure be nice to be able to access them directly in my kitchen without having to run to my desktop which is located upstairs.

Yeah, the pricing is weird, and seems to reference "the cloud" enough that one wonders what their server costs are. For those of us living off of free Dropbox, Google, Evernote, etc. cloud services, not cheap indeed. 

I have to think that google and a note app could do the pretty much same thing for free.

Maybe eG could come up with a similar app for members at a better price.

If anybody has enough time to work on it.

I've been wishing for a way to use my Living Cookbook software on my (more portable) iPad.  Since I have zillions of recipes stored there over many years it'd sure be nice to be able to access them directly in my kitchen without having to run to my desktop which is located upstairs.

Would an android tablet solve the problem? There are some really cheap ones now.