• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Francisco Migoya starting a project with Nathan Myhrvold

teonzo

In Pãstryrevolution #5 (a great magazine on pastries and bread, if you can read Spanish language) there is an interview with Francisco Migoya where he says he is starting a project with Nathan Myhrvold. This seems like the beginning of the works for "Modernist Patisserie".

This is a great news for me, an equivalent of "Modernist Cuisine" for pastry and baking would be a dream!

Teo

• Like 1

Teo

an equivalent of "Modernist Cuisine" for pastry and baking would be a dream!

Agreed. I still can't bring myself to spend the money for the MC books but I might find a MP book impossible to resist.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I was surprised pastry wasn't included in the original set. I know they had to draw the line somewhere ... but the distinction between sweet and savory or hot kitchen and pastry kitchen sems decidedly pre-modern. At any rate, I look forward to 50lbs of pastry volumes.

Notes from the underbelly