• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisTaylor

Black rum

28 posts in this topic

I guess I just don't know enough to not like Cruzan Blackstrap. Without giving it any serious thought, just off the top of my head, I very much enjoy the Dirt 'n' Diesel (blackstrap rum, fernet branca, demerara syrup, cynar, lime), the Corn 'n' Oil (blackstrap rum, falernum, lime, angostura), the Black Snake (blackstrap rum, cynar, lime, cola), the Penguin In Bondage (blackstrap rum, fernet branca, falernum, lime, angostura, ginger beer) and The Getaway (blackstrap rum, cynar, lemon, simple). I've tried all of the above with Cruzan Blackstrap and with Gosling's Black Seal and I definitely prefer the Cruzan versions.

1 person likes this

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I suspect you like Fernet and Cynar more.

Yep... but I like them better (in these particular drinks) with the Cruzan than the Goslings.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0