• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

rotuts

rotuts

textured bags shoji;ld work in a chamber vac.

it might be that you have to increase the heating time // cooling time as the texture makes them thicker.

there is no reason/ advantage to spend the extra money on textured bags in a chamber vac. as far as I can tell

they are approximately 40 cents a bag , vs 4 cents a bag for chamber bags.

the texture is so air can be pumped out by a vac-system that just pulls the air out.  then seals this keeps thin channels open

fior air flow when the bag is compressed on the sealing bag before heater seals it.   the texture does not add any extra

' puncture - proofing ' as far as I understand it.

I get all my bags at 

https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com/product-category/commercial-chamber-vacuum-sealer-bags-pouches/3-mil-chamber-bags/

3 MIL bags.  I have not had a failure.  if I think there is something ' pointy ' on an item , I cut out a sleeve from another bag and then bag

all that together

but to each their own.

rotuts

rotuts

textured bags shoji;ld work in a chamber vac.

it might be that you have to increase the heating time // cooling time as the texture makes them thicker.

there is no reason to spend the extra money on textured bag in a chamber vac.

they are approximately 40 cents a bag , vs 4 cents a bag.

I get all my bags at 

https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com/product-category/commercial-chamber-vacuum-sealer-bags-pouches/3-mil-chamber-bags/

3 MIL bags.  I have not had a failure.  if I think there is something ' pointy ' on an item , I cut out a sleeve from another bag and then bag

all that together

but to each their own.