• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

btbyrd

btbyrd

Food Saver bags don't work with the VP112S, as far as I can tell. (I have the "non-s" VP-112 and it doesn't use them.) The VacmasterFresh site and the first few vendor descriptions I looked at only mention using chamber vacuum bags. The waffling/channels on the FS bags gets in the way of a proper seal. 

1 hour ago, PositiveMD said:

The issue seems to be that after the timer finishes, I don't hear any air being let back into the chamber. The machine just stops running and the seal time starts. It makes me think that I perhaps installed the black seal pad on the lid and the bottom gasket incorrectly, but as far as I can tell they can only be installed one way. 

The machine will seal after the vacuum timer has completed its cycle; air only comes back into the chamber after the seal cycle has finished. If it sealed the bag after air had re-entered the chamber, there'd be air in the bag. Do you hear the air coming back into the chamber when the sealer's done? 

btbyrd

btbyrd

Food Saver bags don't work with the VP112S, as far as I can tell. (I have the "non-s" VP-112 and it doesn't use them.) The VacmasterFresh site and the first few vendor descriptions I looked at only mention using chamber vacuum bags. The waffling/channels on the FS bags gets in the way of a proper seal. 

The machine will seal after the vacuum timer has completed its cycle; air only comes back into the chamber after the seal cycle has finished. If it sealed the bag after air had re-entered the chamber, there'd be air in the bag...