• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nowayout

Nowayout

typo/clarification

I just did some looking at the gas flush option on the Henkelman, Sammic and Minipack.

Henkelman charges ~$212 for the gas flush option.  It comes standard on the Sammic S series and the cost is close to the same as the T series (which is without gas flush).

On the Minipack, gas flush is a $625 option on a new machine!  So their add-on kit is the same price as when ordered new with a machine.  I wonder what the kit contains to make it nearly 3 times the cost of the Henkelman?  

How would you rate these three units?  I know all have Busch pumps, so they are even there.  How would you rate the other items? (overall construction, user controls, ease of use etc).  

Nowayout

Nowayout

I just did some looking at the gas flush option on the Henkelman, Sammic and Minipack.

Henkelman charges ~$212 for the gas flush option.  It comes standard on the Sammic S series and the cost is close to the same as the T series (which is without gas flush).

On the Minipack, gas flush is a $625 option on a new machine!  So their kit is the same price.  I wonder what the kit contains to make it nearly 3 times the cost of the Henkelman.

How would you rate these three units?  I know all have Busch pumps, so they are even there.  How would you rate the other items? (overall construction, user controls, ease of use etc).