• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Modernist Cuisine" by Myhrvold, Young & Bilet (Part 2)

nathanm

I ordered Feb 16...I really hope mine ships today

I ordered Feb 17, if Amazon's delivery estimate of 4/18 is right that feels like we're on schedule. People who ordered two weeks before us are getting their books two weeks earlier.

My delivery estimate was up until this morning 4/15 so you might get yours sooner. Now it is April 6. I ordered Feb 12.

Anne Napolitano

Chef On Call

"Great cooking doesn't come from breaking with tradition but taking it in new directions-evolution rather that revolution." Heston Blumenthal

Did Amazon email you guys to say it was getting bumped up or did it just happen?

No email yet. The status just changed to shipping soon and the delivery date changed.

Anne Napolitano

Chef On Call

"Great cooking doesn't come from breaking with tradition but taking it in new directions-evolution rather that revolution." Heston Blumenthal

I havent' had an email notification, I just checked my list of orders online after reading the last few posts here and lo and behold my ship date was updated. Maybe they don't send out emails til later in the day or in middle of the night - I had a couple of notices about another order that showed up that way.

Llyn Strelau

Calgary, Alberta

Canada

I havent' had an email notification, I just checked my list of orders online after reading the last few posts here and lo and behold my ship date was updated. Maybe they don't send out emails til later in the day or in middle of the night - I had a couple of notices about another order that showed up that way.

No email either but I just checked after reading your post. My shipping has also updated from Aug to April 5th. Looks like there was no issue with changing my shipping method.

Great, now all day I'm going to be refreshing my amazon order page and not get any work done :rolleyes:

You and me both.

Feb 21 here, estimated delivery April 14, no change so far.

Do you think if I hit "refresh" 25 times a minute it'll make things go faster? :biggrin:

Woohoo!!!!! Mine is shipping April 5 or 6!!!!!! to arrive on the 7th or 8th.

I'm heading to Lancaster PA on Saturday for the PMCA which means Anna will have a good 4 days with it before I get to look at it - I may be trying to pry it out of her cold dead hands when I get back!

Updated shipping date (April 5 - April 6) and even better: I've just been charged from Amazon.ca the CDN $390. They "are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

:biggrin::rolleyes:

Edited by pedro (log)

PedroEspinosa (aka pedro)

From Amazon: Shipment #1: Shipping Soon We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

Woo hoo

Me too!

----------a poem by runwestierun

I ordered mine Oct 16th from Amazon.ca. I cannot WAIT! Wednesday's my birthday.. :blush:

Interestingly Amazon UK now showing out of stock and £375.25 my delivery date 5 - 6th April. Worst thing is I will not be home so it will fail, and way OTT heavy to have sent to work so will have to reschedule (Telling my manager I need to work from home as I'm waiting for a repair is one thing.....then again modernist mac and cheese as a bribe could work LOL)

Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

...but hopefully Nathan wasn't aware of this an the Modernist team can release a printable version

...The publishers have the right to protect their Valuable Intellectual Property, and any discussion of methods to bypass their protection are a violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (in the US, at least.)

I agree, both philospohically and legally, but I'm wracking my brain trying to think of a downside to allowing the index to be printable. It's already viewable to anyone with an internet connection. It can be downloaded, emailed, torrented, reposted, etc.

What's the problem with a paper copy?

Updated shipping date (April 5 - April 6) and even better: I've just been charged from Amazon.ca the CDN $390. They "are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

:biggrin::rolleyes:

Me too! I had a little mix up with my CC (i have lost and replaced my cc since purchase) so i got an alert that my order was on hold pending a real form of payment, I was really scared i would lose my spot in line, but i called customer service and i am on track to ship on the 6th!

Cant wait!

Woohoo!!!!! Mine is shipping April 5 or 6!!!!!! to arrive on the 7th or 8th.

I'm heading to Lancaster PA on Saturday for the PMCA which means Anna will have a good 4 days with it before I get to look at it - I may be trying to pry it out of her cold dead hands when I get back!

You and which army? :laugh: I am almost afraid that with the books in my house I will be guilty of dereliction of duty!

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Mine is still showing 'Not yet shipped', but the date has moved to today/tomorrow - this seems like a good sign!

Got my iota carageenan, bought a pressure cooker last Saturday ... I couldn't be much more ready.

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory

Mine just shipped. Since I paid for 1 day shipping, it will arrive tomorrow via fedex from Arizona. Happy day!

Anne Napolitano

Chef On Call