• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matthew Kirshner

Cake Panning

2 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone stills measure out their batter for cake panning? I am in need for adjusting my formulas so there is no waste, nor shortage. I usually have a little too much so I normally take the rest and make cupcakes, but with no oven space those usually come out "weird" when they do come out of the oven.

I usually make chiffon cakes. Knowing its a foam style cake, I was told for at least a 8" cake round, use 10oz batter. is that right?

I learned it by egg whites - for 8" use 4 whites; for 12" in two pans, use 8. I've never measured by weight - I normally balance between the two pans because for chiffon cakes I'm normally making filled ones.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0