• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Auro

Auro

Last weekend I made a shoyu lamen  and the chashu was the star off the dish. I'm a newbie sous vide. The chashu was my third experiente with sous vide.

image.jpg

I bought a big, Nice pork belly with bones and fat.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Removed the bones.

image.jpg

And rolled 2 pieces for the chashu.

image.jpg

1 piece I don't rolled and cooked all then in sous vide with shoyu, sugar and ginger 64 celsius.

image.jpg

The no rolled belly I cooked for 24hours, was soft, the meat juicy. The skin tender.

image.jpg

The rolled belly was cooked for 30 hours the skin turned in to gelatin and the texture was fantastic.

image.jpg

The no rolled belly lost much more liquid then the rolled belly. And the skin was diferent. 

image.jpg

Auro

Auro

Last weekend I made a shoyu lamen. And the chashu was the star off the dish. I'm a newbie sous vide. The chashu was my thirth experiente with the technic. I bought a big, Nice pork belly with bones and fat.  Removed the bones. And rolled 2 pieces for the chashu. 1 piece I don't roled and cooked all then in sous vide with shoyu, sugar and ginger 64 celsius. The no-roled belly I cooked for 24hours, was soft, the meat juicy. The skin tender. The roled belly I cooked for 30 hours the skin transform in jelly and the texture was fantastic. The no-rolled belly lost much more liquid then the roled belly. And the skin was diferent. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg