• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Freezing cream puffs

mm84321

I've wrapped unfilled choux puffs after baking, but never individually wrapped them. I expect that if you keep the tightly closed container closed until fully thawed and up to room temp you won't have any problems.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

I keep any leftover baked puffs in the freezer in a ziplock freezer bag. Refresh for a few minutes in a hot oven to recrisp them if you need to. I personally go with Pichet Ong's recipe, it is fantastic and browns beautifully even without egg wash and tastes great unfilled even. And I was not a fan of pate a choux until a friend used that recipe and shared it.