• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate Ale

Norm Matthews

Five or six weeks ago I read that Boulevard Brewing here in Kansas City was releasing a run of chocolate ale in Feb. The newpaper said that two years ago was the last time they made some and liquor stores were mobbed with lines around the block. A week or so later I asked a local store if they knew if they were getting some and leaned that there was a sign-up list with a limit of two bottles. I got a call today that mine were ready to pick up. I'll share them with my son and his fiancee on Valentine's Day.

DSCN1270_zps0105b61d.jpg

• Like 2

I've got a couple of cases coming into my restaurant as well as some kegs. We are pretty excited to taste as well. We've also got some Box of Chocolate from Charleville coming in that is always pretty good.

• 1 month later...

We have about 4 cases left in the liquor store where I work.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!