• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipes that Rock: 2014

JAZ

It seems as if we went through a phase of trying disappointing recipes, but we recently tried two new ones that, well, rocked. One was sriracha-honey green beans from the blog Bare feet in the Kitchen. We roast green beans with garlic chips all the time, but this was an easy alternative.

The other was from Serious Eats: salmon and potatoes with creamy anchovy sauce. The only change we made was to stir in the capers after the sauce was made to keep them whole. I personally thought that while the sauce (apparently based on a recipe from Modern Sauces by Martha Holmberg) was good with the salmon, it really shone with the potatoes. We used the leftover sauce a few nights later on some steamed broccoli and it was great with that as well. I'm thinking that it would be a good match for a Nicoise-type salad.

Any other great new recipes out there?

Not a complicated recipe, but delicious and my favorite out of my new cookbook so far. Citrus-Seed-Fruit Bars from Power Hungry: The Ultimate Energy Bar Cookbook. For anyone who ever wanted to make a protein/power/energy/granola/etc bar at home.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

• 6 months later...

I see that this poor thread has been ignored for far too long.

IMG_1559.jpg

The picture will not win any awards - but the recipe is rockin' for sure!

High End Vegan Roasted Cauliflower.  In the interest of full disclosure - no vegans were harmed in the making.  I used 'real' home made mayo and non vegan kimchi.  I cooked for much longer than suggested (I've roasted cauliflower before - I knew they were underestimating) and I forgot the black vinegar - but damn it was still fabulous.

I need a nice piece of slate to plate it on - needs more contrast that it got in my picture.

• Like 3

I cooked for much longer than suggested (I've roasted cauliflower before - I knew they were underestimating) 

Maybe that's been the problem with the cauliflower i have roasted - it probably needed to cook longer! This recipe definitely sounds interesting.