• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I got the idea of the bed of salt from somewhere, but way older than 425F for two hours.

So what I found about beds of salt had you put the potatoes on the bed of salt and then cover it for the first bit of cooking time and then uncover it for the second bit of cooking time. Do you do that?  

I recall that you were unimpressed with steam bake on the CSO for your baked potatoes.

Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal

1 hour ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I got the idea of the bed of salt from somewhere, but way older than 425F for two hours.

So what I found about beds of salt had you put the potatoes on the bed of salt and then cover it for the first bit of cooking time and then uncover it for the second bit of cooking time. Do you do that?