• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lunch! What'd ya have? (2014)

huiray

My Soup Today!!

Mustard Green --Nice Tangyness

White Corn -- Sweetness

Sirracha marinaded Chicken

Hoisin marinade Rice noodle

Dark roasted chicken broth

attachicon.gifIMG_7665.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_7662.JPG

Just wondering, are those rice noodles or glass/cellophane noodles?  They look just a little translucent to me to be standard rice noodles...

Huiray,

I make a modification of Kenji's "Bar Pizza" http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/10/extra-crispy-bar-style-tortilla-pizza-recipe.html

The "soft and fluffy" Mission tortilla gives a thicker crust than a standard tort.

Topped it with leftover chicken doused in BBQ sauce (don't over do it), diced jalapeno, and cheese.

I don't use a cast iron pan, rather a sheet pan that I heat on the stove to crisp the bottom and then pop it into the broiler. Takes a total of 5 minutes to make including assembly which I do on the heating sheet pan.

Here's a regular pizza of the same recipe

IMG_20141114_140021_983.jpg

• Like 4

Huiray  -  Im sure you are correct,  I get a look at the packaging tonight..  

gfweb --  Love that idea.. doing it tonight.. for my Basketball party for two

Cheers and go Creighton

best to all Paull

• Like 1

Its good to have Morels

Well ....

thats an astonishing Idea.

Those That Know  suggest that Odd looks better that Even

so  each piece might need 2 more Pep's

consider adding a second Tortilla so you start w 2

as you can see than, it does not violate the ' Odd Rule '

why ?  crispy and less than crispy.

Ill try this soon

Revolutionary 

gfweb

gets a few stars.  this is Pizza in a different dimension 

than all the Beyond Stunning 

wood fired Pizzas's we have seen.

• Like 1

My Soup Today!!

Mustard Green --Nice Tangyness

White Corn -- Sweetness

Sirracha marinaded Chicken

Hoisin marinade Rice noodle

Dark roasted chicken broth

attachicon.gifIMG_7665.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_7662.JPG

Paul,

I think that huiray has us under his spell! I seem to have lost interest in Western style soups. huiray's soups seem to be infinitely adaptable to whatever is on hand. Resistance is futile!

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Gobble Gobble

( its a seasonal thing )

the key to the ( soon to be Patented 'GFW'  pizza is the Sauce

every thing else being good to outstanding, 

Bubbly Cheese

Crispy Crust  ( or not )

Toppings  ----  these -- those --etc

the make or break deal on Pizza

from AnyWhere   is the tomato sauce

gfweb

might consider a patent or two or three on the tomats on that GFPizza

as I mentioned it Frist

that cellar in Martinique 

better has stunting stuff.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

Its about 10".

The medium-sized tortilla.

Go gently with the sauce, lest you lose crispness. I add garlic powder, sriracha to it and a tbsp of parm. Top w mozz.

Oil the bottom of t he tort and press it firmly onto the hot sheet pan.  Assemble and then bung it into the BSO set on broil.

Done in minutes. 

Which is the danger.

Its about 10".

The medium-sized tortilla.

Go gently with the sauce, lest you lose crispness. I add garlic powder, sriracha to it and a tbsp of parm. Top w mozz.

Oil the bottom of t he tort and press it firmly onto the hot sheet pan.  Assemble and then bung it into the BSO set on broil.

Done in minutes. 

Which is the danger.

My son in law or does something similar. But he "glues" two tortillas together with some grated cheese between.

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

"Mustard Green Duck Soup Flavoured Xiao Qiao Rice Vermicelli" (雪菜火鴨湯味 小橋米線) [sau Tao].  Augmented w/ the rest of that Chinese roast pork [from Asia Mart], gai lan hearts & chopped scallions.

DSCN3186a_800.jpg

Picture of the pack with contents spread out:

DSCN3178a_800.jpg

• Like 3

Salad and beef hot dog with the dog as bun (applesgate's grass-fed beef), stuffed with kimchi. I really like this idea, not mine.

okstoy.jpg

Franci,

Having being forced many many years ago by extreme poverty to practically live on hotdogs I find myself unable to come within 6 feet of them today but filled with kimchi…

My 2004 eG Blog

Lunch today began with a vision in my mind of colour. I needed colour.

image.jpg

Chicken vegetable soup with orange carrots, red onions, white chicken and green peas. Garlic toast on the side.

Edited because I was trigger-happy and hit post too soon.

Edited by Anna N (log)
  • Like 4

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpg

Laksa instant noodles shrimp and yu choy.

• Like 2

My 2004 eG Blog

I made eggs and tomatoes today

• Like 2

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)

image.jpg

Although I plated both duck legs last night for dinner only one was eaten. So today's lunch was a reheated duck leg on warm red cabbage. (I bet the "abandonded" Cuisinart Steam Oven would have made short work of re-crisping the skin, eh rotuts?)

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

Pre-Thanksgiving dinner. Lunch at home with Sig Eater. A 27-year old recipe from a 27-year old cookbook...

15897515532_aefabe23e4_z.jpg

Penne with mushrooms, from Marcella's Italian Kitchen.  It's a great recipe, and shows how much Marcella knew about getting that umami thing, or layers of flavor, going. Using white button or cremini mushrooms (basically baby portobellos), the "sauce" is created by sweating onions and garlic in olive oil and butter, then cooking all the liquid out of the mushrooms, deglazing with white wine, then adding anchovies, tomatoes and herbs and letting that all cook together for another 10-15 minutes or so.

• Like 5

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

image.jpg

Instant noodles with broccoli, sirloin and scallions.

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog