• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What Tea Are You Drinking Today? (Part 3)

Richard Kilgore

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, heidih said:

I am generally a generic black tea or jasmine tea drinker but my son gave me this and I do enjoy it

tea.JPG

That is black tea... "Gold" isn't a new kind of tea... it is a way of selling better quality black tea.  some black teas exhibit gold-ish looking  tips... 

Christopher D. Holst aka "cdh"

Learn to brew beer with my eGCI course

Chris Holst, Attorney-at-Lunch

3 hours ago, cdh said:

That is black tea... "Gold" isn't a new kind of tea... it is a way of selling better quality black tea.  some black teas exhibit gold-ish looking  tips... 

K thnks.  Does taste a grade above generic.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, shain said:

Black tea, gin some sugar.

Damn. I’m all out of gin. I don’t like tea but gin could definitely improve it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 1 year later...

I'll give this thread a bump.  I usually roast my own coffee but I decided to try a local roaster's espresso blend while I'm waiting for my order from Sweet Maria.   I pulled a flat white this morning and the coffee was quite delicious.  A little pricey at $16 for 12 oz but the quality of the coffee is very good and not over-roasted.

IMG_20221115_091814929_HDR.thumb.jpg.89af20c1680470278c604823271e5cf7.jpg

49 minutes ago, Steve Irby said:

I'll give this thread a bump.  I usually roast my own coffee but I decided to try a local roaster's espresso blend while I'm waiting for my order from Sweet Maria.   I pulled a flat white this morning and the coffee was quite delicious.  A little pricey at $16 for 12 oz but the quality of the coffee is very good and not over-roasted.

IMG_20221115_091814929_HDR.thumb.jpg.89af20c1680470278c604823271e5cf7.jpg

Nice looking cuppa - but was TEA involved ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey I have Liptons in the pantry and it makes a decent iced and  you pumped it up with the Meyer lemon. I had a friend who generously shared from her prolific tree. Sadly my ancient sick "regular" lemon manages only a handful a year and not aided by drought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1