• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast! 2014

Ann_T

Anna N, heh. I encourage you to restock soon as circumstances permit. :-) BTW I suspect you would also like it if additional actual kimchi were to be added into it, plus a poached egg or two to counter the spiciness. ;-)

Early breakfast. There were leftovers. :-)

DSCN0363a_1k.jpg

Top left plate: coarse Braunschweiger, House Capocolla [Goose the Market], ring Liverwurst, pressed tongue, Zungenwurst, Caso Bolo Mellage cheese.

On right: celery heart & leaves, marinated mushrooms, scallions.

Bread: Hunza bread (left), semolina bread (right); butter.

Stone-ground mustard, has jalapenos in it.

• Like 5

One of my local small grocery outlets has taken to stocking this wonderful smoked bacon. Not injected with water or other nasties. Tastes of pig and smoke.

This morning I decided to simply fry a few rashers and have them with a simple poached egg. I had mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the fridge but just wanted 'am and heggs'

It went down a treat.

smoked bacon with poached egg.jpg

• Like 5

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

Early breakfast. There were leftovers. :-)

attachicon.gifDSCN0363a_1k.jpg

Top left plate: coarse Braunschweiger, House Capocolla [Goose the Market], ring Liverwurst, pressed tongue, Zungenwurst, Caso Bolo Mellage cheese.

On right: celery heart & leaves, marinated mushrooms, scallions.

Bread: Hunza bread (left), semolina bread (right); butter.

Stone-ground mustard, has jalapenos in it.

Breakfast for one?!

Breakfast today:

Three soft-boiled eggs w/ light soy sauce & ground white pepper. I drank this in a few slurps.

DSCN0387b_1k.jpg

Oh, plus a Bowl Noodle Soup Spicy Kimchi Flavor [Nong Shim]. :-)

Edited by huiray (log)
  • Like 3

Those eggs with soy sauce and white pepper will certainly be on my breakfast menu soon, huiray.

image.jpg

Busy, busy cooking day so breakfast was easy to make and didn't require any precious oven or stove top real estate. Eggs boiled a couple of days ago. I seasoned them with Aleppo pepper. Radises and celery stuffed with herb and garlic cream cheese.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

This is the most popular breakfast around these parts. Youtiao (油条 yóu tiáo), deep-fried twisted dough sticks served with warm, sweetened soya milk (甜豆奶 tián dòu nǎi).

youtiao1.jpg

I don't much like the milk, so I usually have a tea instead, but this morning there was some sort of mix-up and I got the milk anyway.

Sometimes the youtiao are served with rice porridge, too.

• Like 3

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

image.jpg

Chinese-style eggs and tomatoes.

• Like 3

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

My husband would love everyone of your breakfasts.

I had a little presalted prime rib that was intended for last night's dinner. Didn't happen.

Prime%20Rib%20Steak%20and%20Eggs%20Janua

So I grilled it this morning for Moe's breakfast.

Prime%20Rib%20Steak%20and%20Eggs%20Janua

Served with sunnyside up eggs, fried potatoes and toasted homemade bread.

• Like 8

Ann_T

I'm with huiray. Can't think of a better way to start the day.

• Like 1

My 2004 eG Blog

image.jpg

Finally got around to trying huiray's soft cooked eggs with light soy sauce and white pepper. Delicious. Sorry about the poor photo.

• Like 3

My 2004 eG Blog

Got up early on Friday morning to prepare these for a Chinese New Year dinner:

image.jpg

And decided that a few of them would make a fine breakfast:

image.jpg

• Like 8

My 2004 eG Blog

Sunday morning and time to go through the fridge and use up what needs using up and discard science experiments. Wait! What's this? Damn. It's the chicken for a dish I planned for Friday night. Changed my mind at the last minute and forgot the prepped chicken thighs. Breakfast/brunch -- chicken karaage. Perfectly satisfactory. Will filter oil used for frying the chicken and use for an experiment in making tiny taco shells from gyoza skins later today!

image.jpg

• Like 5

My 2004 eG Blog