• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Football snacks

rlibkind

Beer candied bacon, and small potatoes, boiled, topped wit creme fraiche and caviar. Yes, it's cheap caviar. To my knowledge, it's the only kind you can get here in mid-America.

bacon.jpg

• Like 3

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

What do you munch while watching football on TV? Here's my New Year's Day snack: mini pastry cups with Greek Yogurt filled with smoked salmon and salmon roe.saqysy8y.jpg

What kind of pastry shells are those?

• Like 1

Fritos TJ's organic corn chips and clam dip. My mother made this and she was not a big fan of cooking.

gardening yes cooking not so much.

its traditional w me:

2 cans canned clams. save jus. cream cheese smooshed garlic from the press. mix add jus for consistency then clams

best aged in the refrig over night.

• Like 3

kayb - I’d like to know more about beer candied bacon. Does it taste strongly of beer? How is it done?

One of the best football snack that I’ve ever had are Norm Matthew’s Korean Style Chicken Wings that I made last year: http://www.recipecircus.com/recipes/Kimberlyn/APPETIZERS/Norms_Korean-Style_Chicken_Wings.html

Edited by Kim Shook (log)