• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

I don't know if this query is absurdly, stupidly basic; but I am embarrassed about the lapse which is reflected in my having to ask.

How long can I keep un-rendered beef fat (suet) in the refrigerator.  It was previously frozen, but I did not have room to put it into my freezer with the actual beef.  I haven't gotten around to dealing with the rendering, and it's been exactly two weeks. 

Toss??? 

SLB

SLB

I don't know if this query is absurdly, stupidly basic; but I am embarrassed about the lapse which is reflected in my having to ask.

How long can I keep un-rendered beef fat (suet) in the refrigerator.  It was previously frozen, but I did not have room to put it into my freezer with the actual beef.  And I haven't gotten around to dealing with the rendering, and it's been exactly two weeks. 

Toss??? 

SLB

SLB

I don't know if this query is absurdly, stupidly basic; but I am embarrassed about ahving to ask.

How long can I keep un-rendered beef fat (suet) in the refrigerator.  It was previously frozen, but I did not have room to put it into my freezer with the actual beef.  And I haven't gotten around to dealing with the rendering, and it's been exactly two weeks. 

Toss???