• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

eliminated a redundancy

A belated thank you to everyone who responded regarding my country ribs issue.

A local grocery store had them on sale so I thought I would attempt cooking them again.

I put a nice spice rub on them, placed them in a  tin foil-lined pan with tin foil on top and baked them for 2 hours at 275°F 

Then I took them out of the oven and slathered them with BBQ Sauce. I put them back in, uncovered, for another hour.

They were so tender I could have shredded them with just a blunt spoon. They were not dried out, they were not tough. They were just perfect. Plus, the BBQ sauce ended up caramelizing which made them even more delicious.

Thank you eG! You rock! :D

Toliver

Toliver

A belated thank you to everyone who responded regarding my country ribs issue.

A local grocery store had them on sale again so I thought I would attempt cooking them again.

I put a nice spice rub on them, placed them in a  tin foil-lined pan with tin foil on top and baked them for 2 hours at 275°F 

Then I took them out of the oven and slathered them with BBQ Sauce. I put them back in, uncovered, for another hour.

They were so tender I could have shredded them with just a blunt spoon. They were not dried out, they were not tough. They were just perfect. Plus, the BBQ sauce ended up caramelizing which made them even more delicious.

Thank you eG! You rock! :D