• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

Okay, I have another question. (The lamb roast mentioned up-thread was put on ice and it's now in the fridge, so no reports on texture yet).

I have a dinner coming up this weekend. I have a 5.4 lb lamb shoulder (raw). I had thought to do the lamb sous vide.

I'm having a grand time looking through cookbooks; however, most of these great recipes are not for sous vide. I'm concerned about the pot liquour; if there isn't any cooking of the roast within it, then what about flavour?

What do other folks do? Do you change the recipe so that the meat is cooked sous vide and then folded in to the rest at the end? Do you bypass dishes that weren't designed for sous vide?

(I'm reading Mourad: The New Moroccan and Wadi's New Mediterranean Cookbook and Wolfert's Morocco. Oh là là!)

TdeV

TdeV

Okay, I have another question. (The lamb roast mentioned up-thread was put on ice and it's now in the fridge, so no reports on texture yet).

I have a dinner coming up this weekend. I have a 5.4 lb lamb shoulder (raw). I had thought to do the lamb sous vide.

I'm having a grand time looking through cookbooks; however, most of these great recipes are not for sous vide. I'm concerned about the pot liquour, if there isn't any cooking of the roast within it.

What do other folks do? Do you change the recipe so that the meat is cooked sous vide and then folded in to the rest at the end? Do you bypass dishes that weren't designed for sous vide?

(I'm reading Mourad: The New Moroccan and Wadi's New Mediterranean Cookbook and Wolfert's Morocco. Oh là là!)

TdeV

TdeV

I'm having a grand time looking through cookbooks; however, most of these great recipes are not for sous vide. I'm concerned about the pot liquour, if there isn't any cooking of the roast within it.

(I'm reading Mourad: The New Moroccan and Wadi's New Mediterranean Cookbook. Oh là là!)