• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lemniscate

lemniscate

I think I accidentally made pita bread.

I have a slightly unique situation.  I built a wood fired pizza oven, but not at my house.  It's on a different property.  I have romantic ideas of evenings with hot pizza out of the oven and cold beers watching the sunset on the side of the mountain.  I am doing my learning curve on how the oven behaves and how to make pizza dough.  I've never done homemade pizza.  The first try was make the dough and take it to the site and stretch/roll onsite, and cook.  Well, that's a pain in the wild I found.  Second experiment is make the pizza dough at home, roll/stretch, PAR BAKE, freeze and then take to the oven for ease.   When I par baked the pizza rounds, they puffed up exactly like pita breads. (I also have never tried to make pitas before.)

Is pizza dough and pita bread dough the same?   This is my absurdly simple question.

lemniscate

lemniscate

I think I accidentally made pita bread.

I have a slightly unique situation.  I built a wood fired pizza oven, but not at my house.  It's on a different property.  I have romantic ideas of evenings with hot pizza out of the oven and cold beers watching the sunset on the side of the mountain.  I am doing my learning curve on how the oven behaves and how to make pizza dough.  I've never done homemade pizza.  The first try was make the dough and take it to the site and stretch/roll onsite, and cook.  Well, that's a pain in the wild I found.  Second experiment is make the pizza dough at home, roll/stretch, PAR BAKE, freeze and then take to the oven for ease.   When I par baked the pizza rounds, they puffed up exactly like pita breads. (I also have never tried to make pitas before.)

Is pizza dough and pita bread dough the same?   This is my absurdly simple question.