• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"The Praliné": Stephane Leroux

lebowits

Has anyone seen this book yet? If so, do you have any comments about it you can share?

The Praline

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

Here is another link which also includes the ability to "peek" inside the book itself.

Steve Lebowitz

Doer of All Things

Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

Well - took a little gander through it tonight - know what - every single recipe contains nuts! A praline paste of some sort.

Only a couple of dozen pages are chocolates and confections - the remainder are tarts and cakes, desserts, snack and bars, fours secs and moelleux (which appear to be cookies and macarons).

Now I'm paying attention. I wasn't too interested when I assumed it was all chocolates and confections. Thanks Kerry!

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 3 years later...

I bought this book.  Why is it hundred and hundred, if not thousands of dollars on Amazon?  It arrived a couple of weeks ago and my copy was defective.  By that I mean the basic recipes in the back had a recipe on one side of the page with photos not matching the instructions, on the facing page.  This happened on two different occasions.  I bought it "used-like new" and am returning it.  Did anyone else encounter this with their copy?