• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

lebowits

"The Praliné": Stephane Leroux

I have it - haven't really had a good look through it yet. Will try to remember to do so later this evening and report back.

Well - took a little gander through it tonight - know what - every single recipe contains nuts! A praline paste of some sort.

Only a couple of dozen pages are chocolates and confections - the remainder are tarts and cakes, desserts, snack and bars, fours secs and moelleux (which appear to be cookies and macarons).

Now I'm paying attention. I wasn't too interested when I assumed it was all chocolates and confections. Thanks Kerry!

I bought this book.  Why is it hundred and hundred, if not thousands of dollars on Amazon?  It arrived a couple of weeks ago and my copy was defective.  By that I mean the basic recipes in the back had a recipe on one side of the page with photos not matching the instructions, on the facing page.  This happened on two different occasions.  I bought it "used-like new" and am returning it.  Did anyone else encounter this with their copy?

• Similar Content

• By CaramelAddiction
      I have made caramel for several years but over the past few months it has not set up the same. Now, as it cools in the container it appears that the corn syrup is separating at the bottom. I have not altered my recipe and have not been able to figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions>
    • By pastrygirl
      I had a chance to try a couple of Valrhona's new "inspirations" flavors today, the passion fruit and the almond.  The almond was good but I'd probably add salt.  The passion fruit is intense and delicious, I bet you could cut it with a sweeter white chocolate and still get good flavor.  They also have strawberry.  These are cocoa-butter based so can be used for shell molding.  https://inter.valrhona.com/en/inspiration-valrhona-innovation

I could definitely see using these.  Passion fruit is one of my favorite flavors, and I already indulge in the convenience of Perfect Puree so I don't think this would compromise my integrity   

Just wanted to share.  Available soon, probably expensive
    • By Chris Hennes
      A few weeks ago I checked out a copy of Madhur Jaffrey's Vegetarian India from the library, and it is well on its way to earning a permanent place in my collection. I've really enjoyed the recipes I've cooked from it so far, and thought I'd share a few of them here. Of course, if anyone else has cooked anything from the book please share your favorites here, too.

To kick things off, something that appears in nearly every meal I've cooked this month... a yogurt dish such as

Simple Seasoned Yogurt, South Indian-Style (p. 324)

• By CCB
      I used my homemade toffee in a cookie recipe hoping that the toffee will add a crunch to the cookie... it didn't turn out well as the toffee melted and didn't keep its hardened crunch form. How can I prevent my toffee from melting in my cookie recipe?