• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cooks Standard Multi-ply Clad 10 piece set - Anyone have experience?

Beusho

I want to invest in a tri-ply (steel-aluminum-steel) cookware set. All Clad always gets the best recommendations but I've seen cheaper sets out there including Tramontina and Cooks Standard that have similar specs (aluminum core goes up to the side, 18/10 steel interior). Has anyone ever used the Cooks Standard multi-ply pans? They look to be the exact same as All Clad and at 150 compared to 600 price it is much cheaper. Mostly I'm looking for durability, some of the criticisms of the cheaper version is that they scratch much easier down to the aluminum core and that the rivets attaching the handle come off. These are rare criticisms so I'm not sure how to take them, anyone have experience using these pans?

“...no one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”