• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC bday party for 10 or so, Lincoln private room? Others?

bonkboo

Having a dinner in NYC for my wife's ending in 0 birthday. I was thinking about booking the private room at Lincoln, assuming economics work. But the reviews, albeit dated, make is sound not like a place for good memories to be had. Willing to consider other locations. Our last meal together, wife and I, was at Momofuku Ko, as reference. HOWEVER, not looking for that kind of cost. Was thinking around $150 a head for food and drink. Thoughts and guidance appreciated.

I love the downstairs room at the original Il Buco on Bond Street, which would just about fit into your price range. They book up really early so I'd call asap.

It was said to be an inspiration for Edgar Allan Poe - certainly looks that way. And the food is superb.

If you're looking for a more contemporary ambience and or modernist cuisine, this isn't for you.

• Like 1

I love the downstairs room at the original Il Buco on Bond Street, which would just about fit into your price range. They book up really early so I'd call asap.

It was said to be an inspiration for Edgar Allan Poe - certainly looks that way. And the food is superb.

If you're looking for a more contemporary ambience and or modernist cuisine, this isn't for you.

I second Il Buco. A few years ago, my wife threw me a surprise bday party down there and it was such a great success, we did it again the following year (not as a surprise though).