• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I will never again . . . (Part 4)

Never again will I buy soda and not put it in plastic bags for transport. I bought a couple of 6-packs of mini cans of soda for the office this morning and apparently when arranging them in my arm for carrying I must have caught one of the tabs just enough to open it slightly and to get soaked on one leg with Coca-Cola. Of course, it was the ONE variety with sugar, couldn't have been the sugar free types...at least I am wearing a base layer under my jeans so I don't really feel the soaked denim. Yuck.

• Sad 6

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

2 hours ago, BeeZee said:

Never again will I buy soda and not put it in plastic bags for transport. I bought a couple of 6-packs of mini cans of soda for the office this morning and apparently when arranging them in my arm for carrying I must have caught one of the tabs just enough to open it slightly and to get soaked on one leg with Coca-Cola. Of course, it was the ONE variety with sugar, couldn't have been the sugar free types...at least I am wearing a base layer under my jeans so I don't really feel the soaked denim. Yuck.

On the bright side it could have been a 2 liter bottle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I will never again under-estimate the impact of filling an instant pot with a huge volume of very cold and very thick mole' sauce and 2 kilos of turkey thighs.

I will never again under-estimate the impact of consuming rosemary mojitos prior to making dinner.

Our Christmas Eve dinner plate:

plate.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...

@gulfporter, it was Christmas last year when I prepared my very first instant pot meal, which involved filling the pot very full of stew and tomato sauce, and then turning on the slow cooker on Low . . .  :(

In the end, I eventually figured out how to bring the pot up to pressure, and then set it on slow cook High.

(For those who don't know: an Instant Pot on slow cook cycle set on Low is on warm, an IP on Medium is on Low, and an IP on High is high).

Only saving grace, my company drank lots of wine, so were not as alarmed as I.

And I didn't have tons of wine until later . . .

Edited to clarify: And a full Instant Pot warms food very very slowly.

Edited by TdeV (log)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I will never again buy a can of PAM without reading all of the label.

It said PAM, I bought it. 

Then I made late-night chicken wings in the air fryer.

I mix half cornstarch and half flour and season with a boat load of cayenne and some Lawry's salt.

Arrange in the air fryer and spray with PAM, close it up and shut the lid.

10 seconds into it I'm asking myself where that weird vanilla scent is coming from.

PAM baking spray with vanilla, WTF is that? And why does it need vanilla in it? Who doesn't add vanilla into their baked goods?

After cooking, the wings were then tossed in a sauce of Frank's, El Yucateco Caribbean and coarsely ground black pepper. 

With enough El Yucateco, I think I killed the vanilla flavoring.  

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.