• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I will never again . . . (Part 4)

Darienne

12 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

I will never again try to carry the pizza peel with pizza on board and also the turning peel to save myself a trip back outside. 

IMG_4343.thumb.jpeg.2145ee33632d9e9d0c44ea7feb24d88c.jpeg

Toppings on my neighbors lawn 

Looks like it turned, sure enough!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

15 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

How do (did) you clean the toppings from neighbor's lawn?    Or not?    Maybe dog?

Counting on the raccoons and foxes to take care of that overnight!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, weinoo said:

In keeping with this thread, I probably will never again ask this, but why do you need a thermometer for a braise?  

And maybe the intention of being so perfect with certain aspects of what should actually be fun and hobby-like (i.e. cooking), is why dinner is so often delayed?

After all, Escoffier's firmware was not often updated.

I shall never again use "Escoffier" and "fun and hobby-like" in the same sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

3 hours ago, Kerry Beal said:

Counting on the raccoons and foxes to take care of that overnight!

And I hope they will be pleasantly surprised by the pepperoni 😜

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Duvel said:

And I hope they will be pleasantly surprised by the pepperoni 😜

It was some Halal pepperoni - only stuff they had in the store - and not very good!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kerry Beal said:

It was some Halal pepperoni - only stuff they had in the store - and not very good!

I was more referring to the pleasant tingling sensation pepperoni might impart to the entry point and exit point of an average raccoon …

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I was more referring to the pleasant tingling sensation pepperoni might impart to the entry point and exit point of an average raccoon …

I have seen them take pizza boxes out of the commercial trash bins. I don't think they are particular.  Except when they would somehow get the cover off my pond, snag good size goldfish and just eat out the fat belly!

Drop liter and a half of arrowroot on the bedroom floor.  Thankfully Bormioli Rocco makes sound stuff.  The glass jar did not break.

On the other hand I note I have not used said arrowroot in five years, so perhaps it is time to throw it out.  Or at least consider relocating to the living room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Need to ask why you stock arrowroot in liter and half quantity ?    I think my 15 year old container holds 4 oz.

Good question.  It was the smallest package I could find to buy.

I shall never again throw perfectly good bread in the APO to reheat only to get sidetracked by a Nija/Pacojet comparison.

4 minutes ago, kayb said:

I am always terrified to read this thread when I see Jo has posted.

You are not alone in this one, @kayb.  

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Sorry guys...I shall never again shake my mai tai, which I am preparing at this hour only because I must get up for work in not too many hours more...I shall never again shake my mai tai...without putting on the lid.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

In the spirit of many other such vain protestations on this thread... I will never again gesture eloquently with the hand that's holding the freshly-poured cup of coffee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

12 hours ago, chromedome said:

In the spirit of many other such vain protestations on this thread... 

Well put, sir.

• Like 2

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

14 hours ago, chromedome said:

In the spirit of many other such vain protestations on this thread... I will never again gesture eloquently with the hand that's holding the freshly-poured cup of coffee.

Not as physically dangerous but quite destructive is the same gesture with a glass of red wine.   Even worse when gesturing toward someone you're talking to.

• Haha 2

eGullet member #80.

Reminds me of the time we were at a football game and John's sister, who was having a beer, gave a cheering gesture.  The beer landed all over the back of the guy sitting in front of her.  Unbelievably, he never noticed.

• Haha 8

On 6/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, ElsieD said:

Reminds me of the time we were at a football game and John's sister, who was having a beer, gave a cheering gesture.  The beer landed all over the back of the guy sitting in front of her.  Unbelievably, he never noticed.

Been there and have been the guilty party and have it done to me more than a few times. The trials of being a sports fan! 😂

Edited by MetsFan5 (log)
  • Haha 2