• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

More, of course.

These are the best cut resistant gloves from Lee Valley that I've found. Trouble is they are quite narrow in the knuckle (which doesn't help with arthritis) and long in the finger. But I find if I squish them onto the finger tip, they stay there. I'm able to hold a few pieces of bell pepper to cut into small dice (without slicing off the finger tip). Also I use them to hold the food which I pass over the mandoline.

So, I wish they were designed better for my hands. The only other difficulty I've had is that the sizes are wildly divergent (XXL is smaller than L). The gloves are manufactured in China and come from multiple runs or companies (i.e. the labels are dissimilar). But Lee Valley is very good about postage-paid returns.

TdeV

TdeV

These are the best cut resistant gloves from Lee Valley that I've found. Trouble is they are quite narrow in the knuckle (which doesn't help with arthritis) and long in the finger. But I find if I squish them onto the finger tip, they stay there. I'm able to hold a few pieces of bell pepper to cut into small dice (without slicing off the finger tip). Also I use them to hold the food which I pass over the mandoline.

So, I wish they were designed better for my hands. The only other difficulty I've had is that the sizes are wildly divergent (XXL is smaller than L). The gloves are manufactured in China and come from multiple runs or companies (i.e. the labels are dissimilar).