• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

@gulfporter, it was Christmas last year when I prepared my very first instant pot meal, which involved filling the pot very full of stew and tomato sauce, and then turning on the slow cooker on Low . . .  :(

In the end, I eventually figured out how to bring the pot up to pressure, and then set it on slow cook High.

(For those who don't know: an Instant Pot on slow cook cycle set on Low is on warm, an IP on Medium is on Low, and an IP on High is high).

Only saving grace, my company drank lots of wine, so were not as alarmed as I.

And I didn't have tons of wine until later . . .

Edited to clarify: And a full Instant Pot warms food very very slowly.

TdeV

TdeV

@gulfporter, it was Christmas last year when I prepared my very first instant pot meal, which involved filling the pot very full of stew and tomato sauce, and then turning on the slow cooker on Low . . .  :(

In the end, I eventually figured out how to bring the pot up to pressure, and then set it on slow cook High.

(For those who don't know: an Instant Pot on Low is on warm, an IP on Medium is on Low, and an IP on High is high).

Only saving grace, my company drank lots of wine, so were not as alarmed as I.

And I didn't have tons of wine until later . . .