• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

robirdstx

robirdstx

46 minutes ago, Eatmywords said:

I'm assuming they were not frozen when cooked?  My guess is the steel was too hot.   Did the blend have enough fat?  20% or more should've kept them together.  (Now I want one with onions)

They were not frozen. The steel was not too hot. They were actually just too thin (think corn tortilla thin)  - they fell apart in my hand as I was putting them down on the steel. 80/20 ground chuck.

robirdstx

robirdstx

45 minutes ago, Eatmywords said:

I'm assuming they were not frozen when cooked?  My guess is the steel was too hot.   Did the blend have enough fat?  20% or more should've kept them together.  (Now I want one with onions)

They were not frozen. The steel was not too hot. They were actually just too thin - they fell apart in my hand as I was putting them down on the steel. 80/20 ground chuck.

robirdstx

robirdstx

42 minutes ago, Eatmywords said:

No, they were not frozen. The steel was not too hot. They were actually just too thin - they fell apart in my hand as I was putting them down on the steel. 80/20 ground chuck.