• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

6 minutes ago, Anna N said:

Then you’re not cooking the right things.xD   Roasted vegetables will sometimes stick. Most things with a glaze tend to stick. At the moment I cannot bring to mind the one thing I make where this foil is essential. I’ll keep working on that. Sometimes of course it gets a lazy cook out of trouble. :$

I have a roll of foil, but I've had it for a long time. Only really use it to keep my bread over browning on top (but I use the same piece for weeks before it falls apart) , or very occasionally to keep things warm/ rest.

I thought you could oil it to prevent sticking, no?

Anyway, roasting vegetables or anything else is not really a Chinese thing. I am probably the only person in a square mile or more who has an oven. I'd be surprised if there are more than 6 in the whole city.

liuzhou

liuzhou

Just now, Anna N said:

Then you’re not cooking the right things.xD   Roasted vegetables will sometimes stick. Most things with a glaze tend to stick. At the moment I cannot bring to mind the one thing I make where this foil is essential. I’ll keep working on that. Sometimes of course it gets a lazy cook out of trouble. :$

I have a roll of foil, but I've had it for a long time. Only really use it to keep my bread over browning on top (but I use the same piece for weeks before it falls apart) , or very occasionally to keep things warm/ rest.

I thought you could oil it to prevent sticking, no?

Anyway, roasting vegetables or anything else is not really a Chinese thing. I am probably the only person in a square mile or more who has an oven.