• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Addition

40 minutes ago, lindag said:

When I didn't have a disposer how I hated bagging up that wet icky stuff.

I did have a garbage disposal here, of sorts. For a while I lived at the beach, and we had an estuary right off our back deck. I could take it out and throw it to the fish. It was kind of a shock coming back and having to bag up that "wet icky stuff" again. But one thing I will never do again is live in the hot, humid, sticky climate of a beach town in Costa Rica. Cooking there was a nightmare. All you could think of was putting something on the table that wouldn't heat the kitchen up to the ambient temperature of an oven.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

33 minutes ago, lindag said:

When I didn't have a disposer how I hated bagging up that wet icky stuff.

I did have a garbage disposal here, of sorts. For a while I lived at the beach, and we had an estuary right off our back deck. I could take it out and throw it to the fish. It was kind of a shock coming back and having to bag up that "wet icky stuff" again. But one thing I will never do again is live in the hot, humid, sticky climate of a beach town in Costa Rica.