• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

...take one dish out of the toaster oven then put in a cake without remembering to change the temperature setting.  40ºC too high and my cake is cinders.

When I smelled burning, I thought it was my neighbour again, so I ignored it. She burns things regularly. Some kind of culinary arsonist, I think. But no.

Damn! It was to be a gift for a friend tomorrow morning. I'll have to think of a quick substitute.

liuzhou

liuzhou

...take one dish out of the toaster oven then put in a cake without changing the temperature setting.  40ºC too high and my cake is cinders.

When I smelled burning, I thought it was my neighbour again, so I ignored it. She burns things regularly. Some kind of culinary arsonist, I think. But no.

Damn! It was to be a gift for a friend tomorrow morning. I'll have to think of a quick substitute.