• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

It's 10 degrees, it's snowing, what's on your Weber/Egg...)?

rotuts

Indeed it is 10 degrees F outside and it is snowing.

On the Weber:

CkDinner.jpg

two 99 c / lb chickens w squash and whole russets. Verticle Chicken very very crispy !

re reason I started this thread was to ask; has anyone see something that can stack between these chickens so I can make 2 - 3 layers of squash/potatoes / "grill"

sort of like those cookie cooling sets w multiple trays but sturdy for the grill?

Chicken.jpg

the two chickens , done.

Squash.jpg

the squash done.

please see:

http://forums.egullet.org/topic/146451-dinner-2013-part-6/page-3#entry1945795

for the dinner itself. N.B. no green veg. looked in the garden for some ....

the idea for the racks is something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00030CGKY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000HM9TGM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XQHQJ8HA37K34ANTGF1

perhaps a bit sturdier ? no need for non-stick

cheers

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 1

I have smoked a lot of stuff on my Weber Smoky Mt this fall, & I'm kicking myself that I haven't set up anything for today, because it's beautiful (72 degrees) here, but we're still eating turkey & brisket that I smoked 4 days ago. I love my smoker.

Maybe I shouldn't be posting on this thread. It was in the 60s last night and lamb loin chops were on the Weber.

But I was chilled

The chops were served with Greek style roasted potatoes, seasoned with Greek oregano lemon juice and olive oil.

It's -24 F and windy. I was contemplating doing the turkey my gf bought, despite my instructions to the contrary (but there's no point pretending I'm actually anything silly like "in charge" :biggrin:) on the grill but, unless the weather does a major unexpected shift, that won't be happening.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

re reason I started this thread was to ask; has anyone see something that can stack between these chickens so I can make 2 - 3 layers of squash/potatoes / "grill"

sort of like those cookie cooling sets w multiple trays but sturdy for the grill?

the idea for the racks is something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00030CGKY/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=1535523722&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000HM9TGM&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0XQHQJ8HA37K34ANTGF1

perhaps a bit sturdier ? no need for non-stick

Apparently a company called Nifty makes what you're looking for. Out of stock on Amazaon, but allegedly in stock at Williams-Sonoma.