• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner! 2013 (Part 6)

Franci

image.jpg

Chicken leg confit with mashed sweet potato.

• Like 3

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

photos are hit and miss but, last night cooked dinner for some family..

Started with a vegetable soup. Swiss chard, collard greens, leftover endive, tomatoes, onions, chickpeas and a two links of smoked andouille. Served with bruschetta topped with salt packed anchovies mixed with parsley, olive oil and lemon juice. And angulas in olive oil.

11395879695_44b3554b4d_z.jpg

Next up was salt cod brandade. baked, topped with bread crumbs, served with parsley salad with capers, onions and lemon.

This was a recreation of the dish as, I took a photo with the leftover salad and an leftover gratin.

11395894814_0137380a83_z.jpg

Coq au vin as the main. It was pretty cool, Donnie Brasco was playing last night as we were making dinner. A punch of salt Donnie.

11395823365_fbbf76d4fe_z.jpg

11395812886_29d2786f0e_z.jpg

For dessert, individual pavolovas with black berry and whipped cream

• Like 3

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK

It's been pretty chilly for us folks in the Florida panhandle so comfort food is in order. Lentils and lamb with sun dried tomatoes, parsley and green onion. The french lentils were cooked in turkey broth and seasoned pretty aggressively with a harissa blend from World Spice with additional coriander, cumin and fenugreek.

P1020391(1).JPG

• Like 2

Some recent stuff..

Roast guinea fowl, truffle and rillon toast

6Fmfxwpl.png

1voNT2Xl.png

Poularde wrapped in cabbage, stuffed with foie gras

NPwzwucl.png

Poularde consommé, chestnut pulp and black truffle

f3joUrrl.png

zsXrFjgl.png

Hare á la royale

d9nMeRkl.png

nM95u87l.png

Bécasse des bois, sauce salmis

pfYzIQtl.png

f2xETLVl.png

Bécasse de bois, truffled cabbage

X3TS2s1l.png

Milk chocolate, black truffle and fleur de sel

jIDOXqul.png

uBr86zKl.png

• Like 5

chicken looks perfect

Flounder. I bought a whole guy and discovered there was roe. Soaked the filets briefly in warm milk, dipped in flour. cooked in butter. Made a brown butter and caper sauce. Simple green beans boiled, then salted, then lemon'd.

11426748655_e6bfdc1990_z.jpg

radicchio, blue cheese, pickled onions and lettuce.

11426885353_3627e23fa3_z.jpg

Miss k had a 1/2 lb salmon steak w/ green beans and a mint chocolate chip milkshake.

“I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted" JK

The marinated pork chops were too thin to stuff so I put the stuffing on the bottom of the chops. Stuffing was pineapple, greens, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper and sesame oil. Also had stuffed mushrooms, asparagus with buttered bread crumbs from leftover brioche bread and potatoes.

DSCN1079_zpsbb63651b.jpg

• Like 5

Bought 2 lbs of mussels yesterday and was planning on making a simple mussel pasta with jalapenos and white wine. However, all the mussels were open.. So, that wasn't very good. I read the fish tags and they had been pulled out on the 15th of this month. I don't have an explanation but, whatever.

So, I made a pasta sauce with garlic and oil, anchovies, tomato paste, red chile and a little white wine. Topped with cheese and homemade toasted bread crumbs.

It was actually fantastic.

11449880706_fdba84d19e.jpg

Salad and cheesy garlic bread

11449880576_0c52401c7b.jpg

11449828324_684e861b32.jpg

Edited by basquecook (log)
  • Like 3

Started with poached egg and smoked trout salad. bacon and burnt rye

11459789966_59a46b9fa8.jpg

berkshire pork roast. sliced thin, served with ginger scallion, salt baked potato with home made creme friache.

11459712614_a4e96ac88a.jpg

Homemade chocolate chip cookies, baked thin, drizzled with salted caramel, served with a homemade egg nog ice cream. Served with aged Sortilege maple syrup whiskey.

• Like 7

Basquecook, those cracklings look so good.

My refrigerator looked like the desert tonight. I managed to make chicken noodles soup, some sauté mixed salads (outer leaves), shredded carrots and chicken salad with sesame seeds and a little plate of salame, jamon and bocconcini di mozzarella

image.jpg

Edited by Franci (log)
  • Like 5