• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Your approach to orange sauce?

philie

Hey there,

I want to make a taste orange Sauce, having already bought so e bitter orange Marmelade i thought about adding thyme, stock and maybe Dome orange liquer.

Wats your approach or any great Recipes around?

Thanks!

Here is one I use for poultry

Combine 2 C. brown sauce with 1/2 C. undiluted concentrated orange juice, 3 Tbsp orange zest cut in very thin julienne strips, and 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Simmer 5 minutes and add 2 Tbsp grand Mariner, Cointreau or Cognac. just before serving add 1/2 C. orange sections. Heat through.

Here is an asian style orange marinade I like to use sometimes with game hens. I make two batches and marinade for over night with one and thicken the other with cornstarch to serve over the finished roasted hens.

3/4 cup fresh orange juice

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 tablespoons hoisin sauce

2 tablespoons minced orange rind

3 cloves garlic minced

1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

add to the batch to be thickened and used as a sauce

2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil

Edited by Norm Matthews (log)