• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 12/3/2013 at 3:55 PM, OliverB said:

But that warranty thing above makes me think I should maybe try to exchange my All-Clad at Surlatable. Of course I don't have the receipt anymore, but maybe they're nice. I'd be happy with store credit for something else :-)

I can't speak for All Clad or SLT specifically, but the problem that people generally run into with nonstick pan warranties is that the coating is warranted ... but not the performance. It's not enough that eggs stick to it. You'd have to show that in spite of your following every letter of the insturctions, the coating flaked off. 

It's certainly woth trying. Just don't be surprised if they give you the classic brush-off.

paulraphael

paulraphael

On 12/3/2013 at 3:55 PM, OliverB said:

But that warranty thing above makes me think I should maybe try to exchange my All-Clad at Surlatable. Of course I don't have the receipt anymore, but maybe they're nice. I'd be happy with store credit for something else :-)

I can't speak for All Clad or SLT specifically, but the problem that people generally run into with nonstick pan warranties is that the coating is warranted ... but not the performance. It's not enough that eggs stick to it. You'd have to show that in spite of your following every letter of the insturctions, the coating flaked off entirely. 

It's cerntainly woth trying. Just don't be surprised if they give you the classic brush-off.