• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

My 14 yo just redefined PMS for me.

It now means, "Please Make Sticky Buns".

(Dorie Greenspan's Pecan Sticky Buns, that is.)

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Ever get a craving you didn't know you had, till you ate the thing that you were craving?

I sat at my kitchen table, last night, flicking apart Dunkin Donuts, with a very sharp knife, sampling a bite or two of every one of 2 dozen.

I mean, normally I HATE D&D. Just the smell of the place gives me heartburn, the doughnuts are flavorless fat-balls that aren't worth the calories...till my good friend Angel brought some over, last night.

I think it was the bourbon talking, but somewhere last night I lamented between mouthfuls of fat-balls, that Dunkin Donuts didn't deliver. (don't stare, bourbon cuts the richness of the doughnut, and makes for a nice balance. That's what I told myself.)

Today in the sunlight a rational head prevails, and I do feel slightly ashamed. I had to come here and confess.

I think it was the bourbon talking, but somewhere last night I lamented between mouthfuls of fat-balls, that Dunkin Donuts didn't deliver.  (don't stare, bourbon cuts the richness of the doughnut, and makes for a nice balance.  That's what I told myself.)

let's get serious here, girl. which bourbon?

from a woman who likes her bourbon with a splash of branch.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Grilled porkchops with sides of steamed oysters marinated in soy sauce, vinegar and thinly sliced onion. Eaten with lotsa rice.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Grilled porkchops with sides of steamed oysters marinated in soy sauce, vinegar and thinly sliced onion. Eaten with lotsa rice.

That sounds good!

Macaroni cheese with crunchy panko parmesan topping and gooey cheesey goodness inside with a large side of medium rare steak with lots of black pepper.

Hot rice with samgyapsal wrapped with perilla and lettuce leaves, and all the panchan...*cry*

Real cheese mixed with melted velveeta, and rotel, and potato chips!

Sour gummies with buttered lightly salted popcorn.

BROWNIES!

uhhh apparently I got my period early this month ): wtf?

so for dinner today I stirfried some garlic and some chopped up country style ribs (sans bones), added some udon noodle seasoning packet, water, kimchi + juices, and some udon noodles

simple and delicious. Spicy, porky, greasy goodness followed by reeses pieces peanut butter cups and some cheetos

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Oyster Po Boy Sandwiches - I made the batter of the oysters extra salty and added lotsa mustard and mayo on top of the fried oysters. It also helped that the baguette was garlic flavored one. Bliss

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

*sigh*, it must be that time again. (I never keep track, tho I should, but hey, it's gonna come anyhow) I actually got in my truck and drove the ten miles to the store at 10:30 last night to buy a sirloin. I couldn't get it under the broiler fast enough, ripped it apart at rare, and sat curled on my bed reading, with cow blood dribbling down my chin. Thankfully, the spouse is still out of town, he would have immediately sent for the men in white coats after I growled when he got too close to my meat.

Beef, rare beef, ahhhhhhhhhh the beauty of it. That, and very salty, vinagery, salt and vinager chips, by the bags full. And margarittas, lots of salt and lemon. And salty dogs. And, salted lemons, sliced very thin and marinating in their juices to nibble on. :wink: I might have a thing for sour and salt, I think.

Brenda

I whistfully mentioned how I missed sushi. Truly horrified, she told me "you city folk eat the strangest things!", and offered me a freshly fried chitterling!

*sigh*, it must be that time again.  (I never keep track, tho I should, but hey, it's gonna come anyhow)  I actually got in my truck and drove the ten miles to the store at 10:30 last night to buy a sirloin.  I couldn't get it under the broiler fast enough, ripped it apart at rare, and sat curled on my bed reading, with cow blood dribbling down my chin.  Thankfully, the spouse is still out of town, he would have immediately sent for the men in white coats after I growled when he got too close to my meat.

Beef, rare beef, ahhhhhhhhhh the beauty of it.  That, and very salty, vinagery, salt and vinager chips, by the bags full.  And margarittas, lots of salt and lemon.  And salty dogs.  And, salted lemons, sliced very thin and marinating in their juices to nibble on.  :wink: I might have a thing for sour and salt, I think.

Oh you should try sour candies with salted popcorn... :wub:

Oyster Po Boy Sandwiches - I made the batter of the oysters extra salty and added lotsa mustard and mayo on top of the fried oysters. It also helped that the baguette was garlic flavored one. Bliss

If I do remember correctly (from the dinner thread) you make a most delicious, beautiful, and gorgeous po'boy. :sigh: oh jeez I need one now :angry:

doddie, why do you live so far away??????

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

*sigh*, it must be that time again.  (I never keep track, tho I should, but hey, it's gonna come anyhow)  I actually got in my truck and drove the ten miles to the store at 10:30 last night to buy a sirloin.  I couldn't get it under the broiler fast enough, ripped it apart at rare, and sat curled on my bed reading, with cow blood dribbling down my chin.  Thankfully, the spouse is still out of town, he would have immediately sent for the men in white coats after I growled when he got too close to my meat.

Beef, rare beef, ahhhhhhhhhh the beauty of it.  That, and very salty, vinagery, salt and vinager chips, by the bags full.  And margarittas, lots of salt and lemon.  And salty dogs.  And, salted lemons, sliced very thin and marinating in their juices to nibble on.   :wink: I might have a thing for sour and salt, I think.

I can tell you from a semi-recent PMS experience that sour cherry hard candies and cheese popcorn taste better together than they sound.

Maker's Mark. Nectar of life.

:biggrin:

Sister: Come to Chicago. I have a world to share with you, a good bit of it seen either from a bar stool or a rather classier tabletop.

(Also a few lesson/demonstrations in the combined areas of crisp champagne and glorious savory unctuous cheese, right around the time the Red Flag Flies. Not to mention a steak house Zagat doesn't know about yet.)

:laugh:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

Beef, rare beef, ahhhhhhhhhh the beauty of it.  That, and very salty, vinagery, salt and vinager chips, by the bags full.  And margarittas, lots of salt and lemon.  And salty dogs.  And, salted lemons, sliced very thin and marinating in their juices to nibble on.   :wink: I might have a thing for sour and salt, I think.

I can tell you from a semi-recent PMS experience that sour cherry hard candies and cheese popcorn taste better together than they sound.

Oh my favourite is the strawberry sour tapes with salty buttery parmesan cheese popcorn :wub: ...But any sour candy and salted buttered popcorn will do in a pinch...I will have to try the sour cherry candy and cheesy popcorn. Any brand recommendations?

a bag of halloween candy and no I am not picking up all the wrappers Go Away

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

• 3 weeks later...
All of us PMSssy Maker's Mark types should get together and take over the world.  I'll bring doughnuts.

I'm in. I'll even bartend for all of us.

Bourbon has a wonderful soothe-the-savage-She-Beast effect at certain phases of the lunar cycle, doesn't it? :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

All of us PMSssy Maker's Mark types should get together and take over the world.  I'll bring doughnuts.

Bourbon has a wonderful soothe-the-savage-She-Beast effect at certain phases of the lunar cycle, doesn't it? :biggrin:

ok- second saturday in may at our condo down the shore.....

i'll even get rid of john for a few hours

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I'll even get rid of John for a few hours.

I could make a guest appearance to serve Stilton and figs from a silver tray. :rolleyes:

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

I'll even get rid of John for a few hours.

I could make a guest appearance to serve Stilton and figs from a silver tray. :rolleyes:

Hmmm Never had Burbon, must change that.

Fresser- add carambola and pepper water crackers and you can serve me! :rolleyes:

DH was so sweet he made me a hamburger with loaded onions, and lots of butter with cheddar cheese. Yeah that hit the spot so well! :wub: