• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

Take the dress of, Fress you're not fooling anyone. :biggrin:

Well, children, just wait. Approaching my forty eigth birthday, I FINALLY missed a couple of months.

Then, after said months, I found myself eating candy, bitching and moaning about my gut, eating fritos dipped in salsa with microwave american cheese, crying at the drop of a hat.....

yup.

it's back!

Not sure what's worse, when you know it's coming, or it shows up like a bat out of hell? :blink:

So, I guess for the next few years I'll be enjoying memopause russian roulette..

Oh, and the way I cramp, I'm surprised I'm not asking for a crack pipe. shheessh.

when I went into full labor with both my kids, I thought, hell, it's pretty much just an umped up version of what I do every twenty eight days anyway.

Edited by christine007 (log)

---------------------------------------

Spinach and Cheese ravioli. Most of a full tray with jarred sauce. And most of a bottle of red wine. Just what I wanted after the day from hell that left me weeping in my car in various parking lots.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

For lunch:

Garlic cheese pork sausages in butter-onion-tomato-sauce and unbelievable good bread with really really luscious butter. I got tomato sauce on my nose licking the bowl. Half a bottle of a Kim Crawford Merlot that was yummy.

Then I snoozed in front of the fire.

I intend to repeat the process in a few hours.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

a huge bowl of chorizo reheated in the microwave with about a third of a block of Tillamook sharp cubed into it ..then just a dollop of sour cream

and a spoon

at least I am staying away from sugar ..even the dark chocolate was 80% ....and I hate it btw but it was a case of need need need need endless neeeeeeeeddddd!!!

I am trying so hard to cope with food this week but the moon is tugging hard and I want to eat the paint off my walls ..did I mention how much noise my husband makes when he feels the need to eat something when I am feeling like this???..it is like he does it on purpose .oh yeah and his hair growing is really really loud right now :sad:

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

right now I feel like Xanax should be a food group

It is! Not a big food group and not too filling, though.

I'm loving the chorizo, cheese and crema combo.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Xanax, right at the top of the ol' food pyramid, in that tiny little part with fats and sugars. 

Does the fact that Xanax is a palindrome make it any more appealing?

In fact, it does. It also sort of sounds like an old Atari game, which makes it even more appealing!

Xanax, right at the top of the ol' food pyramid, in that tiny little part with fats and sugars. 

Does the fact that Xanax is a palindrome make it any more appealing?

In fact, it does. It also sort of sounds like an old Atari game, which makes it even more appealing!

it does sound like an old Atari game! and I can tell you with all my heart it is going great with a huge spoon of Adams Chunky peanut butter right now and bacon

sigh I am 50 is this ever going to end?

I am not sure I really want it to ..honestly while I may be a truly unpleasant person to be around and the whole world is on my nerves..not to mention food choices become a little out of the ordinary ... I get a lot done during these period of insanity (even with my self alloted 4 monthly xanax tablets..they are really good if you only take them when you need them you know! LOL!) and I like the fact I have something to blame my crazy on periodically... what if the periods leave and I am still crazy then what do I say?

Piglet 

friday - lunch at the warehouse grill. thinly sliced pork in bbq sauce on a roll with crispy bacon and cheddar. dinner was a buffalo blue cheese burger with crispy bacon on a whole wheat roll. see a pattern developing?

today(sunday) - breakfast blueberry pancake with crispy bacon and turkey breakfast sausages. the pancake was just an excuse to eat the meat with real maple syrup. lunch is going to be a grilled reuben sandwich.

hey, it does slow down... i'm 54 1/2 and only had 6 periods last year....and i must be the only person i know who doesn't take xanax. i have korbel natural. :rolleyes:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Ok, the gal whose husband's hair is growing too loudly--YOU SLAY ME! I laffed 'till I cried, and because it's so TRUE!

That being said, don't hurt me.

That being said, don't judge me: pickled pigs' feet marrow on saltines. Just one, but all the other males in the house will sleep lighter knowing mommy's got chocolate on the bedside table for emergencies.

And Suzilightning, you've been the unofficial doyenne of this thread for years, and it's good to see your name again! :wub:

And Suzilightning, you've been the unofficial doyenne of this thread for years, and it's good to see your name again! :wub:

thanks, jess but oh, no .... it's maggie. but just after i wrote that guess who visited for a day! :hmmm:

maybe we need to start a new thread on post menopausal women and the excuses we use for our cravings... or are we still pumping out a bit of estrogen that give us cravings occasionally?

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Greasy meat. In every form. Burgers. Peking Duck (that was particularly satisfying), sausage. This is an ongoing craving for this entire week.

Xanax sounds really good, right about now.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

OH YOU GUYS I LOVE YOU I LOVE THIS THREAD AND I LOVE THE FACT IT IS ALWAYS HERE WHEN I NEED IT HUGS ALL AROUND!!!

I survived another month and hit my crescendo a couple of days ago with a supper of a huge rib eye BLOOD RARE with a sugar free coconut brownie and a diet Coke

I made it with out one bit of sugar YAY YAY YAY

although I was following my friend around drooling one day while she ate cake

I really thought at one point I was going to trip her on purpose and do a face plant in her plate (I could see the vision of the whole thing in my brain)

and my husband is still intact

AND I only had one Xanax!!!!

phew

see you in 28 days :wub:

Piglet 

Three Annie's Pretzel dogs, wolfed down one after the other, with honey mustard. It's astounding I wasn't as sick as a dog. I don't even think they qualify as real food.

Followed up by Gertrude Hawk's Cherry Cheesecake Chocolates. I'm not telling how many.

I need not to go to the mall on days like this.

Someone get me a paper bag, please. :unsure: I'll either put it over my head in shame or use it as a barf bag any minute.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Urgh, I hate this. It's too early to tell if this is PMS related. I want to make biscuits. I want sausage. I want gravy, bacon, and grits. I want butter on ALL of that. Then, I want to wash it all down with something hot, and overly sweetened. If it's PMS, I can justify it. I'll cater to that whim, to some degree, at least. If it's not, then I'm just being a glutton...

Also: Popcorn, summery fruits, and fake strawberry flavor. It's all I can do to keep from eating my strawberry lip balm outright.

In retrospect, it probably is PMS.

last friday grilled cheese with tomato on white and a house salad with honey mustard at the Warehouse.....saturday *BINGO* i'm 54 1/2!!! WHEN WILL IT END?!!@

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Its always a ridiculous grilled cheese for me, with multiple cheeses, which have no business hanging out together, smashed between over-buttered white bread. Bacon sometimes makes an appearance. I figure if i'm going to eat because of hormones, I might as well go all out.

• 3 weeks later...

for the last week or so i have not felt like cooking...hell, i haven't felt like eating.

today, after my chiro appointment i decided to check out a new store.

gallery_403_5923_28870.jpg

anyone guess what time it is?

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man. I just made the best bacon cheeseburger of my life. I'll give you one secret. I made the panade with White Cheddar Cheez Itz. Just shoot me now. :laugh:

And deep, quick fried waffle fries.

You know how for when you're ~so~ hungry for something you're drooling when you're cooking it? I was that.

And now for the vat of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer...

Edited by pax (log)

We went to Harold's, yesterday...we split a 26 oz pastrami sandwich, a potato pancake literally the size of my kitchen table (we have a pub table, I am only barely exaggerating) and a giant egg cream. I WANTED a slab of the Napoleon, but we forgot to bring the ropes to tie it to the roof of the Jeep. I still have enough pastrami for 3 more normal sized sandwiches.

For real, check out the menu http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/

So, those cravings are covered... except for the napoleon... Now on to our regularly scheduled chocolate and bourbon.