• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

You girls are killing me with the whole hot dog thing. Last night, I made a huge pot of rich, smoky, spicy, meaty chili. Now I'm thinking wicked thoughts about a chili cheese dog, graced with a spoonful of that killer dip.

Does the "P" have to stand for "pre"??? How about POST?? The last few days I've eaten soup dumplings, a chili dog and lots of Mexican food as well as pizza and lots of Farmer's cheese with dill on sea salt flatbreads.

WTF?? :wacko:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Ladies, ladies.... the P is pre, post, and peri. It is the all compassing P. So. :cool:

Really, I had to laugh at myself with that hot dog thing. I saw something, somewhere, that set the hot dog bell off in my head. And I am Joe Whole Foods natural woman with my family, they've had junk hot dogs out, of course, I'm not a total tyrant, but I never make them at home and if I do, by some odd chance like a neighbourhood barbeque, it's always whatever brand that comes to hand at the co-op. Something nitrate-free, all beef, organic yadda yadda. I felt like a crack addict hiding that dog from the kids. :wacko:

And yes, I do like like my avatar, complete with the fur. I say if I have to lie around looking like Ophelia in hospital gowns and tubes, then I don't have to depilitate, damnit. So, I am not only fat as a tick, I could braid the hair on my legs, how's THAT for you? And now I think I'll burp. :raz:

Pretty soon I'm going to have to go back to being disguised as a responsible adult.

Edited by pax (log)
“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Ladies, ladies.... the P is pre, post, and peri. It is the all compassing P. So.  :cool:

Really, I had to laugh at myself with that hot dog thing. I saw something, somewhere, that set the hot dog bell off in my head. And I am Joe Whole Foods natural woman with my family, they've had junk hot dogs out, of course, I'm not a total tyrant, but I never make them at home and if I do, by some odd chance like a neighbourhood barbeque, it's always whatever brand that comes to hand at the co-op. Something nitrate-free, all beef, organic yadda yadda.  I felt like a crack addict hiding that dog from the kids.  :wacko:

And yes, I do like like my avatar, complete with the fur. I say if I have to lie around looking like Ophelia in hospital gowns and tubes, then I don't have to depilitate, damnit. So, I am not only fat as a tick, I could braid the hair on my legs, how's THAT for you? And now I think I'll burp.  :raz:

Pretty soon I'm going to have to go back to being disguised as a responsible adult.

NOT FAIR!!! NOW I HAVE TO CLEAN THE MONITOR AND THE KEYBOARD FROM THE SPIT TAKE.

hmmmmm..... chili cheese dog with tater tots?

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I ate almost 1/4 of an entire massive gigantic jackfruit ...my tummy is not thrilled with this behavior

OMG! That sounds painful.

I'm going to have some alka-seltzer in your honor.

Oh, go put on your big girl panties and just DEAL with it!

• 2 weeks later...

::head hangs in shame, one eye peeking up::

Filiberto's, chili verde plate with rice & beans. No tortilla please, just tortilla chips fresh fried so hot they melt the styrofoam container. Drive thru. The container melting will give me cancer i'm sure. But oh what a happy death. With 2 diet cokes. Mmmmmm. :wub:

edit: spelling

Edited by Genny (log)

• 2 weeks later...

my wonderful boyfriend made me the best dip ever last month.

he took a block of velveeta, threw it in a crock pot with 2 cans of ro tel, added crumbled and cooked jimmy dean sausage, a can of hormel chili (no beans), and then we both topped it off with crumbled bacon

I dipped some fritos scoops into it and oh my god was it good.

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

I have paralyzing cramps and am miserable. I've eaten a pepperoni and cheese filled croissant, a gigantic french vanilla iced coffee, mixed seafood sauce on whole wheat pasta and almost an entire quart of strawberries drizzled with lavender honey and plain yogurt. Nothing I crave makes sense. Nothing I eat seems to satisfy. gallery_7409_6069_181.jpg

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Katie - I am in the same misery as you are in right now. For me it was a plateful of "twigim" (assorted battered and deepfried food dipped in soy sauce), a small bowl of mung bean soup and then a large bowl of Kimchi Stew. Later I plan to demolish fatty pork chunks in Sinigang soup paired with crispy fried Danggit fish pieces.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Nothing I crave makes sense.  Nothing I eat seems to satisfy.  gallery_7409_6069_181.jpg

It doesn't need to make sense, and, you just haven't found the right thing. Don't stress. Add a shot to the coffee next time.

Strawberries and lavendar honey is making me drool at the thought. I get more good ideas out of this thread than almost anyplace else. :wink:

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

I have paralyzing cramps and am miserable.  I've eaten a pepperoni and cheese filled croissant, a gigantic french vanilla iced coffee, mixed seafood sauce on whole wheat pasta and almost an entire quart of strawberries drizzled with lavender honey and plain yogurt. Nothing I crave makes sense.  Nothing I eat seems to satisfy.  gallery_7409_6069_181.jpg

Eat a Costco-sized bag of Krinkle Cut lightly salted Kettle chips. Worked for me last month. And most certainly contributed to my gaining back almost all the weight I lost last year...

my wonderful boyfriend made me the best dip ever last month. 

he took a block of velveeta, threw it in a crock pot with 2 cans of ro tel, added crumbled and cooked jimmy dean sausage, a can of hormel chili (no beans), and then we both topped it off with crumbled bacon

I dipped some fritos scoops into it and oh my god was it good.

How many is "some"? :biggrin: The crumbled bacon is brilliant.

Me, a whole box of Cheezits. Because salt and bloat go together.

Margo Thompson

Allentown, PA

You're my little potato, you're my little potato,

You're my little potato, they dug you up!

You come from underground!

-Malcolm Dalglish

I don't know if it's honest-to-God PMS, or what...if so, it's coming early, but I've been having HORRIBLE cravings for Yorkshire pudding. That custardy, eggy, beefy, slighty salty damned thing. I've been having dreams about them, in fact. I might just fake it, and make a small one without the real drippings, and use garlic butter instead. For breakfast tomorrow. This is intense, this is a serious craving.

I don't know if it's honest-to-God PMS, or what...if so, it's coming early, but I've been having HORRIBLE cravings for Yorkshire pudding.  That custardy, eggy, beefy, slighty salty damned thing.  I've been having dreams about them, in fact. I might just fake it, and make a small one without the real drippings, and use garlic butter instead. For breakfast tomorrow.  This is intense, this is a serious craving.

When they are sweet, they are called Nun's Puffs. Honey butter, and then sprinkled with Johnny Bird's Toast Dope, or cinnamon sugar.

I have eaten 4 tortillas tonight, and I am cooking bacon in the oven. I do believe that will be dinner.

(Secret confession.... I was this close to buying fish fingers at the supermarket on the way home tonight Disgusting I know)

A bag of Garden of Eatin' natural tortilla chips. Party-size.

Party of one!

At least I resisted dipping them in sour cream.

Margo Thompson

Allentown, PA

You're my little potato, you're my little potato,

You're my little potato, they dug you up!

You come from underground!

-Malcolm Dalglish

Sour cream and Flight of the Conchords. I'm on my fourth (!) tub of the stuff and I keep watching the dvd over and over...laughing through the dairy, I am.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Homemade deep fried tacos and more Pocky.

I was thinking of sprinkling Pocky with a tad of kosher salt because i don't think I have consumed enough sodium to kill an elephant yet. But, I am working on it quite hard.

Oh, go put on your big girl panties and just DEAL with it!