• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

I am commiting carbocide

I woke up made coffee then followed it by making a batch of peanut butter and bacon fudge

oh yes I did

Technically, peanuts and bacon are protein, so you're all good. :biggrin:

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

• 2 weeks later...

Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas.

I have to make them at home because Taco bell can't figure out how to make a decent friggen Mexican Pizza.

Mmm, that sauce is simmering right now. I gotta make some tater salad to go with it....

Oh, go put on your big girl panties and just DEAL with it!

I've taken to heating up a big pile of Ruffles potato chips in the oven and throwing a BIG handful of Ghiarardelli dark chocolate chips on them... till they melt.  Yum.

:blink::shock::wub:

Whoa. Just. Whoa.

You might have invented a new craving for me.

I've taken to heating up a big pile of Ruffles potato chips in the oven and throwing a BIG handful of Ghiarardelli dark chocolate chips on them... till they melt.  Yum.

:blink::shock::wub:

Whoa. Just. Whoa.

Oh, YEAH babe.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

:blink:  :shock:  :wub:

Whoa.  Just.  Whoa. 

Yeah, that.

Edited by pax (log)
“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Why did I think of that?? Dam!

Ok, its been smores, a bowl of cereal at midnight, roast chicken (no sides, just the chicken) and more cereal...

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

filing this away for the next moon :wub:

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Something goes seriously wrong with my taste buds when it's PMS time. I crave the worst kinds of salt and sugar and processed rubbish. Two days ago it was Hamburger Helper Lasagne, the kind my Mom used to make. :laugh: I craved it so badly I actually went out and bought the Annie's version with some organic ground beef. And then I HID the mess from my family and have been eating it for two solid days, with a squirt of ketchup to keep things nice and tangy.bag.gif

Chewy sour dough bread sliced thin and smeared with warm brie and champagne-peach jam.

Edited by pax (log)

Something goes seriously wrong with my taste buds when it's PMS time. I crave the worst kinds of salt and sugar and processed rubbish. Two days ago it was Hamburger Helper Lasagne, the kind my Mom used to make.  :laugh:  I craved it so badly I actually went out and bought the Annie's version with some organic ground beef. And then I HID the mess from my family and have been eating it for two solid days, with a squirt of ketchup to keep things nice and tangy.bag.gif

Chewy sour dough bread sliced thin and smeared with warm brie and champagne-peach jam.

I hear you!

there's such appeal to the fattiest, worst fast type foods. it's awful.

I was eating Burger King every day for four days in a row. :wacko:

---------------------------------------

Something goes seriously wrong with my taste buds when it's PMS time. I crave the worst kinds of salt and sugar and processed rubbish.

Amen, what is it about that. Normally, you would not see me touch that stuff with a ten foot pole with a condom on it. But man, when it is about "that time" it is very bit of greasy, sugar, fried, fatty I can get my hands on!

Then two to four days later I come back to my senses. :wacko:

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

• 3 weeks later...
OMG, I just found Pocky.

This stuff is fantastic!

It is!!

Because of more surgery a week or so ago (let me tell you, I am the Percocet Queen, my husband is now doleing them out a half tablet at a time! :biggrin: ) my schedule is all over the place.

My Head-in-Bag-Hall-of-Shame this cycle was waiting until my family went OUT without me and making myself two honest to god nitrate-filled Hebrew National hot dogs. With buttered, toasted potato rolls, onions diced small the day ahead of time to have the right kind of almost sour oniony flavour, and (hanging head) yellow mustard. Yes, that's right. I planned this moment. I am ashamed.

At one point I thought my family was coming home SO I ACTUALLY for a split second thought about HIDING THE SECOND HOT DOG so my kids wouldn't see what I was eating, or worse, steal it.

:biggrin:

So, I just finally got my aunt's recipe for "Joelle's Party Stopping Dip" which includes such disparate ingredients as corn, feta cheese, sugar, avocado, black beans and cilantro...

Well, I sat my ass down with the leftover, and a spoon. I want to say I had some nice pita chips, or corn chips...but I ate about 2/3 of a cup of it, with a spoon, icy cold, out of the fridge.

At least it's kinda healthy...

Lets see....

First there was chocolate cupcakes, BBQ ribs, macaroni and cheese

I think I will go explode now...

For some reason all the fluids they gave me during my hospital stay settled RIGHT IN MY TUMMY so I have spent the last week and a half retaining Ringers solution, and I am as fat as a tick on a hound.

I am so uncomfortable. PMS sucks. Hospitals suck. Pass the chocolate.

I ate almost 1/4 of an entire massive gigantic jackfruit ...my tummy is not thrilled with this behavior

many hugs Pax I hope you get better soon

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

making myself two honest to god nitrate-filled Hebrew National hot dogs. With buttered, toasted potato rolls, onions diced small the day ahead of time to have the right kind of almost sour oniony flavour, and (hanging head) yellow mustard. Yes, that's right. I planned this moment. I am ashamed.

At one point I thought my family was coming home SO I ACTUALLY for a split second thought about HIDING THE SECOND HOT DOG so my kids wouldn't see what I was eating, or worse, steal it.

:biggrin:

Pax, you rock.

Wishing you an easy recovery and good health.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

for lunch it was two thumann's quarter pound hot dogs on the grill. they went into pepperidge farm new england style hot dog buns with texas weiner sauce.

now i'm thursty.

pax - so are you trying to tell us you now resemble your avatar?

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites