• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

One (1) pound of  Fudgie Wudgie Amaretto fudge and one nearly empty bottle of Knob Creek sitting on my desk, along with a small glass (one of those cute 4 oz juice glasses, from the 50's) and a knife. 

It's bad, girls, and I am being a bad girl.

(the tiny glass makes it medicinal, without actually doing shots...)

it may be bad but you are in no way a bad girl.

heaven hill this month and rob roys from the cocktail thread. and baked beans with hotdogs. and chips and dip. and fig bars(generic) and peanut butter m&ms. gotta go......

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Generally though, I favour salt or chocolate or masses of protein.

...add coffee to those 3 "food groups" and you've hit the nail on the head!

Even my oatmeal in the morning gets a good shaking of salt before it is edible. :wub:

Andrea

"You can't taste the beauty and energy of the Earth in a Twinkie." - Astrid Alauda

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Food Lovers' Guide to Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Taos: OMG I wrote a book. Woo!

Okay, hormones have triggered the eating machine in me. It started in the afternoon with:

a bowl of spicy-salty Gukbab (Beef blood soup over rice)

a small portion of pork roast with gravy (and one slice of brea)

1 packet of peanuts

2 packets of crunchy galic-flavored fried corn (Boy Bawang)

1 teacup of Milo Chocolate malt powder (spooned directly into my mouth)

and now am contemplating a Chorizo Sandwich..

slinks away in shame....

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I am on a diet so I made a huge salad and tried to pretend it was cake yesterday.....I am feasting on resentment, bitterness, crankiness and self deprivation this moon :angry: (thank goodness this is self limiting!)

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Okay, hormones have triggered the eating machine in me. It started in the afternoon with:

1 packet of peanuts

slinks away in shame....

:wub: ...Loves Milo.....

1 packet of peanuts

slinks away in shame....

:wub: ...Loves Milo.....

You said it... there's a certain way to enjoy Milo powder straight from the jar. Pour into a little teacup or bowl. Take a tiny teaspoon and dip and add a spoonful to your tongue. Close mouth and relish the flavor. Take teaspoon again and dip into said teacup. Repeat over dozens of times. Take note not to exhale or to laugh out loud (as this will release brown powder all over your clothes and keyboard). Soon you will find out that Milo powder will cling to the teaspoon at every dip, making the it larger and lerger in size. When you managed to scrape off all the Milo powder from the teacup to your mouth, take that teaspoon with all that lovely Milo crust around it and put inside your mouth. Close eyes and savor all all the last chocolate goodness. Take out teaspoon and sigh.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

First time in this thread! No amateur on the topic here, though :)

The goods. 11pm-3am.

Popcorn oil-popped on the stove with grated parm, salt, and nutritional yeast

Kimchi, out of the jar

Warmed Abuelita's tortillas flooded with the yolks of two fried eggs

Dark chocolate with coconut "Art Bar" by Ithaca Fine Chocolates

(---good god this was delicious. coconut flaked real fine, unsuspecting even)

DG's aforementioned powder technique, wielded on a pile of wakame soup mix and nutritional yeast

Supremes of a very sour pink grapefruit in plain yogurt, side of wasabi rice crackers--yes, dipped

I know not what compels me.

Warmed Abuelita's tortillas flooded with the yolks of two fried eggs

ooh, that sounds good. flour or corn?

A PMS classic, carbs and protein. I like the flooding part.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I love this thread, that we can share our PMSsyness, and not only be accepted, but lauded.

When here, in my house full of men (even my DOG is male!) I get "did you really just eat ALL that <insert buttery, cheesy, chocolatey, carby item here>?!?!??".

Edited by Lilija (log)

I want to eat the furniture today this is relentless!! ..but settled for something stupidly healthy with lots of fresh vegetables blah blah blah......just a couple of months and I should be back to my normal wt and I will be able to indulge my needs again!

in the mean time I will live and long for everything you guys eat ...and a package of Oreos dipped in Kalhua spiked coffee with lots of cream

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)

Piglet 

I made honey-roasted cashew butter yesterday and am alternating spooning it onto buttery salty crackers, and pulling squares of Vosgue's Red Fire Bars through it. And sometimes making sandwiches of all of them together.

And I think I am going to have nachos and a margarita for lunch. Because I CAN, and because my husband has retired and really, you just can't beat Arts & Crafts in PantyLand Time when combined with a newly grumpy retired guy and being house bound in freezing rain. :wacko:

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

Sunday night: half a bag chips, half pint onion dip.

Monday am: everything bagel, cream cheese, tobasco, sausage patty sandwich

Monday lunch: entire box of lemon creme girlscout cookies (surprisingly good too).

Monday pm: potato chips, booze, mac'n cheese with tobasco

Tuesday am: cheetos - both traditional and flaming hot.

I think the beast is tamed, for now. I hope.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

OHHH

I'm praying my girl scout cookies are here in time for March's round. :wub:

since I started doing physical labor for a living, pms has been... interesting, I mean, I eat like a hog every day can you imagine me pmsing??

my last bout found me up at three am, making german potato salad with extra bacon, and then another night, four am, bacon, eggs, english muffins and fried potatos, with cupcakes for dessert. oddly, I can go back to sleep and sleep like a baby after that! :blink:

---------------------------------------

I love this thread, that we can share our PMSsyness, and not only be accepted, but lauded. 

When here, in my house full of men (even my DOG is male!) I get "did you really just eat ALL that <insert buttery, cheesy, chocolatey, carby item here>?!?!??".

:cool:

Hang tough, Lilija. You know the correct answer, of course: "Yes. I just did. If I need to, I'll do it again. And your problem with that is...WHAT...again?"

The threat of imminent murder-preceded-by-week-of-torture is all in the tone of voice. It's easy...

:biggrin:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

Well, It's actually past that time and I had the flu so bad I could not eat or leave my bed. The worse of it, the medicine my doc gave me made what little I did feel like eating taste like a tin can. No joke. Things would smell good, but taste horrible. Thank god I am better and off the medication and food is tasting normal again. I have respectfully made up for it though with orange serbert.

This thread has made the food cravings that go along with that time of the month kind of fun, I am blushing to say.

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

I usual reply is "yeah, and...."

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

Maine Lobsters...I crave for Maine Lobsters -- right now!!! :rolleyes:

Life is short: Break the rules...Forgive quickly...Kiss slowly...Love truly...Laugh uncontrollably...And never regret anything that made you smile. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance...

Tomorrow morning at 10:59 am I will be standing in front of Lovettsville Pizza and Subs, waiting to order a small taco sub, with a toasted bun and extra cheese. And then I am going to ask for some well done fries, and they will just fill up a paper sack with translucenty hot greasy goodness.

And once I get all this in my hot little hands, I'm going to put the fries into the sandwich, saving out the smallest, greasiest nubbins for smearing around in the salt.

With a diet Coke :laugh:

Edited because drooling made my keyboard slippery, causing one or two minor flubs. :)

Edited by pax (log)
“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

I have been fending off the eating like a maniac for two freaking weeks!!!! my hormones have been through the roof ..tears, fears, misery and to what end??? I had a 2 1/2 week pms'y frenzy as a result!!! I cleaned out my larder prepared cooked up a storm ..fed my family and friends.....emaculatized my house and then on the way home from work yesterday ...my husband yelled at me "eat damn it !!! Heidi you are making me as crazy as you are!!!"

so I did ..I ate and ate and ate ..and yes I feel better...swollen and salty but better.....however now my favorite Taco truck guy is afraid of me :sad:

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)

Piglet