• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

Oh Doddie, that would suck anytime, but man.

I lost my pup to his epilepsy this Sept.

my pms this month is melba toast, vast hunks of cheddar, and olives and antipasta.

oh, and a small cheeseburger for breakfast.

---------------------------------------

WHEN WILL IT END??!!!!

two eggs scrambled dry with precooked turkey sausages and maple syrup; blue and cheddar cheese on crackers with gojoi berries; leftover turkey with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and gravy

but i want hot cocoa and white cheddar popcorn

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I never, never, keep track of my cycle. Sad, but true. Doctors are always asking me and I'm always totally blank. And then I realized, I could check here. :hmmm: I am not sure this is a good thing.

This month's yin and yang sweet and salty winner...Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Truffles, Assorted. The BIG box. And hot, deep fried tortilla chips with James' salsa.

I love that I buy this stuff apparently at some whim at some point in the month, and then bam, just when I need it, it's in the cabinet and it's exactly right. I wish I could be so good at getting organizing the rest of the stuff in my life. :biggrin:

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

hmmm....it was a baconator hamburger from wendy's with a frosty...

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

HOW did you choke that baconator with the plastic cheese down?!! i know because i did it several cycles ago and felt sick later.... give me a whopper jr. heavy on the pickles and throw the bottom bun away :rolleyes:

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Last night the madness started...

fried belly pork with oyster cerviche on the side

vienna sausage rice roll (wrapped in salty seaweed wrap)

a banana

more seaweed wrap

a handful of walnuts

a handful of raisins

Today might be more of the same...

Hang her head in shame...

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

I ate an entire column of saltines. I chased the crackers with about a quart of chocolate milk, but after half a glass, the chocolate milk got lonely, so I mixed in a few glugs of homemade Kahlua. Ok, more than a few.

...but after half a glass, the chocolate milk got lonely, so I mixed in a few glugs of homemade Kahlua.  Ok, more than a few.

This be "Big Girl Chocolate Milk." The cure for all that ails me. At least at certain points of the lunar cycle. Oh yeah. :rolleyes:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I put apple smoked bacon on a maple bar ..ok I did it three times for three meals yesterday and totally blew my otherwise stellar diet this week ..

I am having folks over for an early dinner today....and it will be a nice curried lamb with vegetables ..there will be cake involved however ....

I know..if I did not have to face people today ...I would not get dressed ..wrap myself up in my blanket in front of the fire ..read and for sure

it would be another round of maple bars....along with Coke's one right after another ..argh...

I am in bad shape this moon :wacko:

Edited by hummingbirdkiss (log)
why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

Today was a great day...

1/2 bag of peanut karinto

3 sausage rolls--or maybe 4 or 5--maybe even 6

1 mandarin orange

some roasted cauliflower and kabocha

1 char siu bao (or maybe 2)

1/2 sticky rice in lotus leaf

a couple of Hershey's Nuggets

warmed milk with some Godiva chocolate Liqueur

Bouchon quiche

And a three or four hour nap this afternoon.

I think that's it, but I'm going to have some warmed milk with peppermint essence and maybe Bailey's before going to bed.

And I'm blaming my weight gain on PMS...

ETA: 1 madeleine and 2 or 3 almond sembei

...and a banana

...and half a box of Pretz (salad flavour)

Edited by prasantrin (log)

We got some Girl Scout cookies at work today as a preview to the selling season. Those Thin Mints should have been scared of me!

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Frederico Fellini

HOW did you choke that baconator with the plastic cheese down?!! i know because i did it several cycles ago and felt sick later.... give me a whopper jr. heavy on the pickles and throw the bottom bun away :rolleyes:

You know, thinking back, I have no idea now....but at the time it was the best thing on the planet!

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

Today started with garlicky fried rice with smoked mackerel. Sides were tomato-onion-salted egg salad. All eaten with the hand (no cutlery please, it was hand shovelling in the face madness).

Then BLT sandwich. Lots of crispy B, about 1 1/2 pieces of L and light on the T.

Tonight is noodle stir-fry, with fried crispy kimchi dumpling on the side.

Burp.

Excuse me.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

funny this thread pops up when I am in full fury here ...

yesterday I made lamb curry curry ate lamb curry and then plowed my way through a home made pineapple upside down cake my friend brought over for dinner

I am fat and grumpy and was invited out to breakfast this morning

...at least it is with folks I am comfortable with and they let me eat off their plates!

I feel like I am being pulled through a knot hole the wrong way this cycle

Piglet 

I was a good girl. I was urging for buffalo wings, and how, so I got a huge tray of Costco mesquite wings for a small get together at the house last night...BUT I baked them, and made my own buffalo sauce with half-ish the amount of butter of what I normally do.

I only ate about 9, but I ate about twice as much celery, so I'm still good. That's what I'm telling myself. It was dinner last night. Dessert was a handful miniature carrot-cupcakes. Oh, and all the fruit from a pitcher of sangria, that no one was eating, and about half the pitcher of said sangria. I don't need Midol.

for breakfast 2 dungeness crabs a glass of orange juice and a piece of chocolate cake

tortillas toasted with Tillamook sharp cheddar ...and no more I have to go to bed knowing tomorrow will be better and I can leave this confessional for another 3 weeks!

Piglet 

for breakfast 2 dungeness crabs a glass of orange juice and a piece of chocolate cake

Raging hormones or not, I can't imagine a better breakfast. Crabs and chocolate cake...

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

tortillas toasted with Tillamook sharp cheddar ...and no more I have to go to bed knowing tomorrow will be better and I can leave this confessional for another 3 weeks!

It's creeping up to that time and I am sharking the thread for ideas!!

One bag of Sensations Roasted Chicken with lemon and Thyme crisps

One bag of Mars planets

One sweet potato worth of oven fries

I did have a healthy breakfast (cold cereal with milk) and healthy dinner (farfallini, cannelini beans and baby corn in chicken soup) though.

ETA: Add a Nissin Chicken flavour cup noodle to the list.

Edited by miladyinsanity (log)

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

Dove Sugar-free dark chocolate squares are on sale this week at CVS. I'll be stocking up in anticipation of my next lunar cycle induced binge. That way, I can feel like I'm at least trying to be righteous. :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Gorgonzola dolce, nice and runny, intended to be eaten with apple wedges and toasted pecans.

Screw that. Scoop it with an iced tea spoon and lick it like some oddball lollipop. Repeat 2 more times. Share with a friend who is in even more need- the monthly pain PLUS a nasty fight with the boyfriend this morning. She wasn't even being irrational or moody. I'm ready to kick his butt on her behalf :angry: .

Oh yes, and a chocolate muffin. Made a whole batch, and must freeze and give away in order to keep myself from become a chocolate-smeared sloth-like beastie.

Craving that are still in queue and that I'm successfully staving off:

-the skin from fried or crisp-roasted chicken (chicken wings might work, but the meat would really only interfere with things :laugh: )

-potato chips

-french fries

As you can see, I clearly favor salt and fat, but chocolate makes a cameo :biggrin:. My strategy this month is to try to wait out some of the cravings (and to eat in a nutritionally sound way when I'm not consumed by the crave wave).