• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

Tracey and all.

Yes, every single almond joy my son got was tainted and mom had to take it out of the bag....

poor guy, he was suppose to be Cap'n Jack, but with his curly black wig, chubby cheeks and blue eyes, he looked exactly like Ron Jeremy. :wacko:

I am back on my fake muffelattas with american cheese, assorted pickles and olives, tomato, onion and a ton of mustard and mayo.

At least I have good bread.

---------------------------------------

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a beer and a hot dog in the last decade and I have spent the last three days craving both.

I need to do some quick area hot dog research.

*blushes in advance lest anyone mistake her meaning* I really do mean sausag...er, meat, er......you know what, never mind. :biggrin:

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a beer and a hot dog in the last decade and I have spent the last three days craving both.

*blushes in advance lest anyone mistake her meaning*  I really do mean sausag...er, meat, er......you know what, never mind.  :biggrin:

:biggrin: LOL do tell us the outcome of your erm, research. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

• 2 weeks later...

7 layer chocolate cake. M&M's with pretzels, eaten together, my friend got me on those and I cannot stop!

edit to add~ french fries with mayo and bacon. enough said.

Edited by CKatCook (log)

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

I hate that Taco Bell stopped making the Santa Fe Gordito. That thing cured all ills.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

*blushes in advance lest anyone mistake her meaning*   I really do mean sausag...er, meat, er......you know what, never mind.  :biggrin:

:biggrin: LOL do tell us the outcome of your erm, research. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

There's more than CORRRRRNNNN in In-di-a-nah!!!

Edited by racheld (log)

What kind of pie?

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Green & Black's hazelnut-chocolate spread on Jacob's Cream Crackers.

ETA: I'm sorry that I'm not a better eGer, for I have yet to try sprinkling salt on the whole concoction. But I alternate the crackers with Black Pepper and Sea Salt Kettle chips. Does that count?

Edited by miladyinsanity (log)

May

Totally More-ish: The New and Improved Foodblog

What kind of pie?

I made three for my cherished peeps out in Maine last week: spiced pumpkin, and plain smooth rich egg custard, and mince with added fruit and a solid jolt of Grand Marnier.

They're all good when you've got the need.

Edited by Lady T (log)

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

Two bits of data

1. Trader Joes now has Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels

and

2. I hope you have all read Gladwell's write up on the pill

Time to stop having periods. Still, if you have to, Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels!! :wub:

"Gourmandise is not unbecoming to women: it suits the delicacy of their organs and recompenses them for some pleasures they cannot enjoy, and for some evils to which they are doomed." Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

MetaFooder: linking you to food | @foodtwit

Two bits of data

1. Trader Joes now has Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Covered Caramels

Oh, yeah Baby! They are outrageous. I bought my first box last week for Thanksgiving houseguests, and it was an ugly struggle for the last piece.

(I won.)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

how about trader joe's chocolate covered almonds with turbinado sugar and sea salt?  My boyfriend bought those a while ago and it was hard enough to not eat the whole thing in one sitting

Noted. On my TJ shopping list. They sound beyond.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Four magic little words:

Chocolate. Coated. Peanut. Brittle.

Bought a tub last night on the way home from work. Will be buying several more tubs tomorrow.

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

mmm...

brownies, with large chunks of unswetened cream cheese in the middle. sweet and salty and creamy :wub:

Spam in my pantry at home.

Think of expiration, better read the label now.

Spam breakfast, dinner or lunch.

Think about how it's been pre-cooked, wonder if I'll just eat it cold.

wierd al ~ spam

I am so ashamed. :hangs head:

Today has been my worst binging in ages. I just couldn't help myself. I wanted and wanted and wanted some more. Junk food in its worst forms. Shameless cravings and meager satisfactions. Burger King chili and a Whopper Jr. for lunch. A handful of Hershey kisses to tide me through the evening. God help me. 7-11 Chili Cheese super ginormous hot dog and a Chicken & Jack Cheese thingie on the way home from work. Wheat crackers and peanut butter washed down with my second snootful of Pomme d'Eve Calvados. Forgive me for I know not what I do.

(Note to self: Calvados has a wonderfully soothing effect on cramps. And many props and high fives to my wonderful customer that gifted me with that bottle tonight when I needed it most!)

I know that none of you will judge me. I find it hard to throw stones from the prone position on the well upholstered Chaise lounge in the living room of my glass house. :raz:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Oh Katie, I do so know how that feels.... Right now, sushi marinated liberally with soy sauce is satisfying the cravings... for the moment. But, I'll be having what your having because your list of food munchies sounds so goood!

I am so ashamed.  :hangs head:

Today has been my worst binging in ages.  I just couldn't help myself.  I wanted and wanted and wanted some more.  Junk food in its worst forms.  Shameless cravings and meager satisfactions.  Burger King chili and a Whopper Jr. for lunch.  A handful of Hershey kisses to tide me through the evening.  God help me.  7-11 Chili Cheese super ginormous hot dog and a Chicken & Jack Cheese thingie on the way home from work.  Wheat crackers and peanut butter washed down with my second snootful of Pomme d'Eve Calvados.  Forgive me for I know not what I do.

(Note to self: Calvados has a wonderfully soothing effect on cramps.  And many props and high fives to my wonderful customer that gifted me with that bottle tonight when I needed it most!)

I know that none of you will judge me. I find it hard to throw stones from the prone position on the well upholstered Chaise lounge in the living room of my glass house.  :raz:

it's okay katie, I had a double homestyle melt from BK and I loved it. oh and the worst part was, was that it wasn't that time of the month yet ):

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

What's really awful is that I genuinely don't like junk food most of the time. I don't really like white bread at all, so since all junk food comes on white bread I generally dislike it.

But yesterday I was officially out of control. Feeling much better today. Just carbo craving. Dim Sum for lunch and then eggplant parmesan and spaghetti with a side Caesar salad for dinner. Not the most balanced diet, but a bit closer to what I normally eat. I hope by tomorrow to be somewhat back to normal, whatever that means...

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Made an espresso. Check. Grind enough beans to last ALL DAY. Check.

Imform family I am taking a sabbatical from showers and real clothes and if they don't like it the front door is working just fine. And the remote is mine, cupcake.

Put family size bag of Smart Pop on counter, open. Check.

Opened freezer and checked for an entire big bag of Reese's Miniatures. Check.

Alternate, ALL. MORNING. LONG.

Check for more Smart Pop. Discover there is only a econobag of 12 little bags. Put all 12 on counter. Check.

Alternate. ALL AFTERNOON.

Discover there is some of that homemade chocolate ginger ice cream left. Consume from Tupperware. Check.

Make pizza with bacon and onions and roasted peppers and garlic. Raw garlic, and roasted garlic. Extra cheese. Eat all after kids say, "That stinks." Check.

Go to bed burping and so stinky even my dog wouldn't sleep with me. Check.

I need my tummy rubbed.

Edited by pax (log)

I am so ashamed.  :hangs head:

Today has been my worst binging in ages.  I just couldn't help myself.  I wanted and wanted and wanted some more.  Junk food in its worst forms.  Shameless cravings and meager satisfactions.  Burger King chili and a Whopper Jr. for lunch.  A handful of Hershey kisses to tide me through the evening.  God help me.  7-11 Chili Cheese super ginormous hot dog and a Chicken & Jack Cheese thingie on the way home from work.  Wheat crackers and peanut butter washed down with my second snootful of Pomme d'Eve Calvados.  Forgive me for I know not what I do.

(Note to self: Calvados has a wonderfully soothing effect on cramps.  And many props and high fives to my wonderful customer that gifted me with that bottle tonight when I needed it most!)

I know that none of you will judge me. I find it hard to throw stones from the prone position on the well upholstered Chaise lounge in the living room of my glass house.  :raz:

Don't feel bad, for me it was a BK Big Fish w/ bacon and extra mayo....

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

Katie, I judge you. But I judge you as my hero. :biggrin:

Tonight I had nachos with a combination of pepper jack and cheddar cheese. Not as good as convenience store nachos, but it did the job.

A day before my period and our beloved puppy died. To console me, I ate several slices of pizza and followed it with Kare-Kare stew (Peanut Stew) with sauteed shrimp fry topped on rice.

Edited by Domestic Goddess (log)

My condolences Doddie. :sad: Emotional swings or genuine sadness combined with PMS attack is about as bad as it gets.

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!