• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

too much info, but.....

I'm taking seasonale (4 periods per year) and it isn't working very well.  Apparently I am getting my period like every 2-3 weeks now.

FYI on the TMI... :raz: Same thing happened to me. Evens out after a bit. :rolleyes:

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.

• 2 weeks later...

A whole can of sliced beets (not pickled) sprinkled with blue cheese and sunflower seeds. And a glass of diet soda with a shot of Chivas. :blink: I need a long nap.

edited to add I also cracked open a can of teriyaki oysters (Perfect Menstrual Seafood) and layered the last slices of beets with said oysters on Ryvita. *now* I need a nap.

Edited by petite tête de chou (log)

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

Frozen watermelon....So cook - I love it non-frozen (standard), but thought a while back to freeze some. Yum - the texture of watermelon so so great for freezing with the water-filled texture...

Also - cheese - lots and lots of cheese.

today I have eaten blue cheese, Brie, Raw milk white cheddar, about 5 different varieties of goat (two of them aged), and provolone... What can I say I love my cheese.

Oh - almost forgot - corned beef and salami. Yum

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

Cheese popcorn. The oranger the better.

Cherry hard candy. I've been eating cherry hard candies, for a week, before I thought to eat a cherry Jolly Rancher. It is THE perfect, the epitome of all fake-cherry flavors, the absolute realization of that craving, as soon as it began to dissolve on my tounge, I just about saw God.

Edited by Lilija (log)

yesterday -

hot and sour soup with extra rice wine vinegar....

and a whopper junior heavy on the pickles, discard the bottom of the bun and smear with ketchup.

sigh. when will it end?!

dang, lilija....now i want that cheesy popcorn and a mug of hot cocoa

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Even if I happily chow the fatty-too-happy blue and goat cheeses, sweet butter-smeared breads, calf livers, salmon bellies, a half dozen Dungeness crabs, oysters and a half-case of Oregon wines..in a hemp hammock..on the coast....I'd *still* be a lady with PMS. Interesting to win...and then not. :wink:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

• 4 weeks later...

Oh sisters, I am in trouble.

This morning I slow-baked a pound of bacon, after sprinkling it with granulated onion, garlic, and maple crunchies, until it was crisp and unctious. I sat down with the whole panful, a MUG of espresso, and warm butter milk bisquits with cream gravy.

I am now halfway through a box of Thin Mints, while watching Top Chef.

After which I plan to molest my husband.

I have it BAD.

“Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about!”

This morning I slow-baked a pound of bacon, after sprinkling it with granulated onion, garlic, and maple crunchies, until it was crisp and unctious. I sat down with the whole panful, a MUG of espresso, and warm butter milk bisquits with cream gravy.

I have it BAD.

:laugh: LOL I am right there with you! Well, not Literally...........(hey, I can dream, Mines out of town!)

Brenda

I whistfully mentioned how I missed sushi. Truly horrified, she told me "you city folk eat the strangest things!", and offered me a freshly fried chitterling!

• 2 months later...

i thought i ws through with this but yesterday WHAM and it was a baconator sandwich from wendy's along with a medium vanilla shake. today i am craving chocolate and meat..... when will it end?

edited to add i will NEVER do this again. the burger comes with plastic cheese, flabby bacon and without a pickle, lettuce or tomato. :angry: but i ate the danged thing anyway..... the shame.

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

My last bash was a large (party sized) bag and a half of salt n pepper potato chips, 3 kahlua and milks, most of a pint of haagen dazs dulce de leche, a large plate of pasta with butter, parmesan and black pepper - and that was just after work. I refuse to describe what I ate during the day. I didnt stop til I got too sleepy to keep eating, an hour past my usual bedtime.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

lets see....it was last week so I decided to roast a nice chicken. I brined it and rubbed it with lots and lots of plugra butter, salt, garlic, and thyme, and put a lot of that mixture under the skin as well. I made sure to add tons of yukon potatoes next to the chicken so that they would roast in the fat. Oh my god was my chicken delicious. I kid you not, I took the entire chicken and ate it in bed ): Well I didn't eat the whole chicken, but who eats a whole chicken (un cut) in bed? I also made sure to save as much chicken fat as possible so I could drizzle it on some arugula......omg.

Oh and on some other foodie webpage I was reading, someone mentioned dipping pork rinds in siracha. I will definitely try that again in 28 days or so

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

Oh and on some other foodie webpage I was reading, someone mentioned dipping pork rinds in siracha.  I will definitely try that again in 28 days or so

oh, my precious baby.....

only 28 days

today it has been snyders multigrain pretzel sticks stuck in a dip of miracle whip, toffuti faux sour cream and a packet of lipton onion soup mix, fudgy bourbon brownies and both deli potato and macaroni salad.

what i am craving is red meat but it's too late for me to eat.

tomorrow ......

edit to add - i want that crispy chicken skin.

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

I just want sugar. Cookies, cakes, ice cream, and because it's the season, candy corn by the huge, teeth-aching handful. Topped off with some Coke Zero, and if I had it, red vines.

Good lord, how is it I'm not reeling from diabetes?

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Miso soup with no tofu in it, but lots of green onions sliced in. Mmmm.

I wish my PMS cravings were so virtuous :raz: ....

I get serious salt cravings. Parmesan fricos. Grilled cheese. (Or, if there's no bread, a chunk of melted cheese will do just fine!) French fries. Fried chicken with Sriracha or Marie Sharp's.

Sometimes, for variety, I throw in a salty-sweet combo. Salty caramel. Chocolate-dipped pretzels. Blue cheese with fruit chutney on crackers. But the salt must remain present.

I think my most unreal PMS-driven indulgence has been the gribenes from an ENTIRE duck. Eaten in 1 night. Oy.

ETA: Oh yes, and I certainly didn't dilute the cracklins' by sprinkling them on salad or something equally healthy. Straight up.

Edited by Sony (log)

I have it BAD.

:cool:

Bad? Gracious lady, I'd say you've got it beautiful. I certainly intend to try bacon done that way some time soon, and I may do it in that quantity, too. I wouldn't surrender a blood sample for a cholesterol count for a while...but beyond that minor quibble, I think this sounds like heaven, right down to Top Chef and an amiable spouse.

You go, ma'am!

:biggrin:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

juicy wedges of tortiere with siracha & ketchup combo. And then two small chicken pot pies. And right now I am fantasizing about those little mini quiches lorraine and extra cheesy. i'd settle for a dinner plate sized quiche however!

Life! what's life!? Just natures way of keeping meat fresh - Dr. who

Greatest meal ever:

Kansas City New York Striploin, medium rare. Sides of Maytag bue cheese and bearnaise for smearing.

Rosti. Creamed spinach. Corn custard. All divine.

And for dessert, brie en croute with apple compote, port reduction, fried sage.

Tarte Tatin with vanilla ice cream.

Bonus: Sucking on the bone from the steak while playing Scrabble.

This is going to become a ritual, I say.