• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

Now if only my husband's bag of potato chips on the counter would quit calling my name...

It wont. You might as well give in and eat them now, so you stop hearing the voices in your head.

And now you've got me hearing them.... damn. :hmmm:

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

There was this mishmoose-y thing at my fave spec. foods store that resembled nothing so much as a heavenly layer cake slice of gorgonzola and mascarpone.

Said spec. foods store is out of said heavenly layer cake mishmoose, and I am reduced to making my own frankenstein fromage out of desperation. Hellp meee............ :blink:

:shock:

"Frankenstein fromage"?!?! Dear Heaven: I turn my back and emergencies strike.

Holy Wisdom, friend -- get yourself to a fondue place and do yourself an Emmenthaler/Kirschwasser fix STAT! You need the unctuous texture, the drip and stretch, and the gorgeous holy rich aroma of serious cheese, with the lovely crunch of fresh apples and the counterpoint of fresh bread. Go. Do it NOW. Check back in when the craving settles down, and let us know you're all right.

Yikes.

:blink:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004

• 1 month later...

i am sitting here at work and have the most overwhelming craving for that new philadelphia cheesecake filling. i even think i have a coupon for it buried in my paper recycling. would it be a bad thing to eat the whole tub? anyone know if you need to bake it?? dang - 2 more hours to go. fresser - can you deliver?

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

i am sitting here at work and have the most overwhelming craving for that new philadelphia cheesecake filling.. Fresser - can you deliver?

I'll be right over, Suzi!!

Often will I soothe the women at work with elephantine Hershey bars and other sweets. Should I load up Philly cheesecake filling too?

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...

Lately, for me, it's been Cadbury Mini Eggs. No other chocolate, in any form will do.

A friend was over the other night, and stuck his huge fist in the bag, stealing about two dozen. I snatched the bag, and said "Get offa my happy pills!" My husband reported that my lip curled back in a half snarl, when I did it.

Best Husband Ever went out later that evening, and purchased two more bags, just to make things ok again. They're now hiding in my desk.

I will admit to eating (raw) ramen noodles.

oooh, they have this totally legit 'raw ramen' snack called 'Mamee noodles' in Asia/Australia. You crush them into bits while they're still in the bag, open the bag, fish out the msg sachet, then toss it all in.

good stuff.

itadakimas...eat a duck i must!

oooh, they have this totally legit 'raw ramen' snack called 'Mamee noodles' in Asia/Australia. You crush them into bits while they're still in the bag, open the bag, fish out the msg sachet, then toss it all in.

good stuff.

Oooh they do this a lot in Korea! My kids have taken the same route. In the supermarket, they actually have noodle snacks speicifally made for this (made to crush, and then add the seasoning packet). I'll post some pics later.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

good stuff.

Oooh they do this a lot in Korea! My kids have taken the same route. In the supermarket, they actually have noodle snacks speicifally made for this (made to crush, and then add the seasoning packet). I'll post some pics later.

Please please do! I havent seen these here in Chicago but I want!

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

good stuff.

Please please do! I havent seen these here in Chicago but I want!

all you need to do is buy a packet of ramen, open it up, crush the noodles, add seasoning packet and shake. You don't need to buy a special bag or type of "snack ramen". I usually use shin ramen for this and I confess that I ate 2 bags of this last week

BEARS, BEETS, BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

• 1 month later...

apparently I was the last one to post (guess I am right on time?)

yesterday I went to the grocery store and I bought lots of veggies, eggs, and some vegetarian prepackaged soup. I had a huge craving for something so I went to the candy aisle and bought bags of the following: gummy worms, mary janes, new fruit flavored twizzlers, and a box of mike and ikes.

I just ate some gummy worms and mary janes for breakfast

I am 49 damn it and still

a HUGE fat tortilla smeared with Adams chunky peanut butter, a nicely ripe banana and a chocolate bar roll it up like a burritto and toast the whole thing in a pan of butter

sprinkle with fresh ground cinnamon/sugar

and a Coke

why am I always at the bottom and why is everything so high? 

why must there be so little me and so much sky?

Piglet 

I want steak.

I want it rare with an Advil chaser.

Yum. Antiinflammatories.

Leftover tuna noodle today. Cold out of the fridge.

I really need to leave these days behind...

I am 49 damn it and still

a HUGE fat tortilla smeared with Adams chunky peanut butter, a nicely ripe banana and a chocolate bar roll it up like a burritto and toast the whole thing in a pan of butter

sprinkle with fresh ground cinnamon/sugar

and a Coke

try it with Johnnybird's Toast Dope http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showto...=johnnybird%27s

and if it's any consolation - i'll be 53 and it is finally beginning to slow down

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

ooh, they have raw ramen noodle snacks called Mamee in Asia...you crumble the noodle brick up, toss in the contents of the enclosed MSG sachet, shake, and dig it.

itadakimas...eat a duck i must!

• 2 weeks later...

This is for LindsayAnne...

Ramyeon Noodles Ready-to-Eat

Take one package (Chicken Flavor)

gallery_48583_3741_212129.jpg

Open it up (that's my injured son with a broken toe doing the demo)...

gallery_48583_3741_162511.jpg

Take the packet out and open it...

gallery_48583_3741_102673.jpg

gallery_48583_3741_110544.jpg

Dump it all in the package and mash and bash the package until all the noodles break into tiny bite-size pieces and get coated with the powder...

gallery_48583_3741_91271.jpg

Open and enjoy...

gallery_48583_3741_289310.jpg

AHH I want some! No fair - some things are just not fair. And this, this is one of those things....Phooeeyyyy

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

P.S love the son doing the demo! I hope his lil' toe heals soon! How did he manage to break it?

Chocolate. Anything chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

And crunchy. Ditto crunchy.

Entirely non-specific. The training center has little bags of hershey's horrors (not their 'real' name) that consisted of tiny "cookies", cocoa puffs and chocolate chips. I suspect under normal conditions the contents of the little bag are entirely nasty. However at the moment they fill the bill perfectly. Crunchy, and chocolate. Must get another bag.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

P.S love the son doing the demo! I hope his lil' toe heals soon! How did he manage to break it?

Doing what boy stuff, running and horsing around until he fell and landed most of his body weight on that toe. SIGH.

Lindsay - I can mail yousome if you want. PM me your addy and I'll snailmail several packs for you.

I want steak.

I want it rare with an Advil chaser.

Amen! Must have the thickest, fattiest, juiciest, steak I can get, it absolutely has to be oozing red all over the plate so that I can sop every drop with crusty, crispy garlic bread. Knife and fork? Who needs them, at this moment, just point me to the nearest cow, hand me a salt and pepper grinder, and get out of the way!

Brenda

I whistfully mentioned how I missed sushi. Truly horrified, she told me "you city folk eat the strangest things!", and offered me a freshly fried chitterling!

AHH I want some! No fair - some things are just not fair. And this, this is one of those things....Phooeeyyyy

even though doddie offered to mail you some, in the meantime waiting for the package of goodies from her you can just buy some packets of korean ramen or plain ol'maruchan ramen from the grocery store. The maruchan ramen noodles won't be as thick as the "bbu shyu bby shyu" ramen or say a packet of shin ramen but it'll do. I used to use whatever packet of ramen was around and eat that raw when I was little.

Hmmm...bread. Any kind of bread. These days I'm fond of English muffins...toasted, buttered and covered with strawberry jam. Cheese is good too...especially when atop something filled with more cheese... :biggrin: Makes me want to head to Giacomo's right now for some cannelloni...but they're closed. :hmmm:

Cheap wine usually does the trick these days though. Yellowtail Shiraz anyone? :laugh:

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.