• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PMS: Tell it Like It Is. Your cravings, Babe (Part 2)

I always crave beef...juicy, hot, salty dripping steaks or roasts. Fluid replacement???  :huh:

Yup, me too. I suspect that it might have something to do with the iron content of the meat. I crave liver, spinach and oysters as well.

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

oh boy- love this topic... Anything high fat- pizza, chinese food, chips all washed down with wine!! We live on an island and the only chinese food is on the mainland- That time of month, we pay to have the food flown over- takes a little more time than regular take out- but does the trick! :wink:

ksoss

Doritos.  Dipped in sour cream.  For breakfast.  That is all.   :rolleyes:

Ooh ooh! Instead of Doritos, the "Hint of Lime" Tostitos work, too. And definitely, definitely NOT with low fat sour cream.

Genius! Sheer genius! :wink:

And bang on with the full-fat sour cream. Nothing but the fattiest will do. :laugh:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

i REALLY wanted a circle burger but no time to get there then to work...so the burger king has reopened. whopper junior, heavy pickles with a vanilla shake.

dinner was leftovers - grilled chicken breast, lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon and jalapeno slices on a hard roll(i had them leave off the mozzarella cheese - though cheddar might have been nice) and dessert has been two pieces of really good dark chocolate.

sigh.......i really want some coleslaw now - and another 2.5 hours to work

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Now, I am really have a hankering for puttanesca spaghetti. Wih lotsa anchovies and black olives! Time to break out my acnhovy fillet can in the cupboard.

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

Now, I am really have a hankering for puttanesca spaghetti. Wih lotsa anchovies and black olives! Time to break out my acnhovy fillet can in the cupboard.

I have a tin of anchovies in my cupboard or fridge precisely for pasta puttanesca attacks. Olives, anchovies, salty, spicey STARCHY quick enough to cook between tricks --as legend has it --perfect PMS food.

I'm not sure that the classic recipe calls for a shower of grated parm, but I do it anyway. As mentioned many, many posts ago, I'm all about unnatural acts with pasta.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I have a tin of anchovies in my cupboard or fridge precisely for pasta puttanesca attacks. Olives, anchovies, salty, spicey STARCHY quick enough to cook between tricks --as legend has it --perfect PMS food.

I'm not sure that the classic recipe calls for a shower of grated parm, but I do it anyway. As mentioned many, many posts ago, I'm all about unnatural acts with pasta.

No, no, you don't cook it between tricks, you cook it to entice tricks! :raz:

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

i have just found out hostess makes a caramel ho-ho... and the serving size is 3 rolls...and a serving has 385 calories... and more fat than i care to think about right now....

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

i have just found out hostess makes a caramel ho-ho... and the serving size is 3 rolls...and a serving has 385 calories... and more fat than i care to think about right now....

So? no problem I can see. PMS is Not about counting calories. It's about what you need!

---------------------------------------

So? no problem I can see. PMS is Not about counting calories. It's about what you need!

No kidding... 385 calories for 3 whole ho-ho's seems like a bargain to me. :laugh:

unfortunately i just gained 10 pounds in the last three months because i couldn't get to the gym. i'm trying to be good, really....

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

This month it started with Captain D's fish, except I didn't eat the fish or fries, I went straight for the crunchy, buttery, batter crispies in the bottom of the box.

Two nights ago my uterus told me we were having popcorn with lots of melted butter for dinner. Is it menopause yet?

Aquarius (Jan 21-Feb 19): Cranky. And rude and tactless. - and a perfect description of me!

"Is there alcohol in this furniture polish? Mmmmm, tastes like I might die!" Roger the Alien, "American Dad"

A few months ago, I single-handedly cleared out our office vending machine of all 4 packets of these in a 3 day period. Bad. Very bad. But oh, so good.

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Frederico Fellini

Nachos with extra sharp cheddar cheese and Spike seasoned salt, sour cream on the side.

Followed by (an hour or two later), a vast bowl of potstickers with soy sauce/rice vinegar bath. I did not dip the gyoza, I soaked them in the salty tangy goodness. The gyoza were merely a conveyer. After I ate them all, I drank the rest of the sauce.

Today will be an indescriminate stuffing of the face as my brain remains convinced that the ache is hunger. There is nothing good to eat here. That will not stop me.

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

Step-daughter made the following in about 5 minutes, I've already started thinking of enhancements...

1 bag each chocolate morsels and peanut butter morsels...put in bowl and microwave until melted. Pour half into a small square pan (preferable disposable aluminum to hide the evidence). Scatter mini marshmallows and broken up pretzel sticks over. Top with remaining melted chocolate mixture. Cool until firm, cut into squares.

I think she said she saw this on Sandra Lee's show, I won't hold it against her since she's a kid.

But imagine playing with the mix-ins, the sweet/salty/chewy balance...

"Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast" - Oscar Wilde

Still pregnant too. Has it really only been 20 weeks!!!!!?  Pizza, it's all about  pizza for me.  That and baked potatoes.  Doctors appointment tomorrow.....scale, he's not going to be happy!!!  It's all the pizza's fault.

You know, I went through this crap when pregnant with my daughter, isn't it hell on earth? " Too much, you have gained too much!"

But the joke was on them, my daughter was damn near ten pounds and had to be delivered by c-section, she was so big she was trapped under my ribs, AND, her father was a ten pounder!

I thought I was gonna die during my last PMS battle, it was bacon, eggs, white carbs, I was having nitemares about being reallly, hugely fat. :shock:

---------------------------------------